Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: My Attempt at a mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree.

Nick O'Leary is a possibility, but he's not a dynamic game changing TE that some are looking for.

There are some other interesting guys like Pharoah Brown, Clive Walford, and Ben Koyack.
    I Like Rory Anderson of South Carolina in the late rounds. Criminally under utilized.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilOntheRun View Post
    Funchess? I see Kelvin Benjamin in the guy but also Ed Dickson. We can get a good recieving TE in the mid rounds. A Blake Bell or so.
    I am not nearly as high on Funchess as I was at the start of the season, but I still think he can be a big mismatch against safeties and LB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Bad, bad year to be counting on a decent TE in the middle rounds. If you consider Funchess a WR, Crockett Gillmore very well might be a top-5 TE in this draft.
    Yeah...really the last 2 years have sucked.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Blake Bell...not sure how I feel about him. He's only been a TE for a year or something.
    I like him too. Hes a converted QB. 6'6 260. He also played college basketball. So the kid has some ups and change of direction quickness. I like him in the 4th.

Blog Entries

So heres my updated hope.

1st. Vic Beasley. We need to replace Suggs. And well be moving to 4-3. Beasley is a great 4-3 OLB. Now of course Suggs will play as a DE in the 4-3 but we need someone there. Beasley Mosley Brown with Suggs BWill Jerrigan McPhee being the future. For now Ngata subbing BWill depending on the down. And Upshaw for McPhee depending on the down also. Alot of versatility here.

2nd WR. Strong, Hardy, Agholor. Havent quite locked down whos my favorite and who would be here. But any of these 3 im down with. Also with picking up AJ on a 3 yr deal for 15M. Houston still gonna owe him 5 this year so his cap impact could be very low. Than next year bump it up. That would make a core of SR, Johnson, Marlon, Camp, and Aiken fitting in whichever of the 3 where they fit. Prob 3rd. But replacing Sr the following year. Strength for years.

3rd- Abdullah. RB Nebraska. 5'9 190. Very quick first steo and explodes through the hole. Kubes would love this guy. Maybe Forsett comes back. But it better be cheap. Pierce is a bust. Cant wait for him to be gone. So forsett and abdullah fighting for the premier slot. And Tali the change of pace back. Those 2 will be strong for years. But next year if Forsett comes back cheap talk about a three headed monster again!

4th you could go TE here with Heuerman. I wouldn't be mad. However Im thinking grab a CB. This is of course given the fact that we BETTER grab one in FA. Maxwell. Talib. Flowers. DRC. Cromartie. Fucking someone. They better grab one of them at CB. Anyways. So here maybe Gaines out of Louisville, Grant, Lyons, Gunter out of Miami. Im still looking up things but any of these guys is a good possability. Ive nixed Swann or Jones as theyre zone guys. I dont want one pf them. I want a press guy that can step the fuck up.

4th comp pic- Blake Bell TE. Hes a converted TE. That also played basketball. Hes really raw but i love his upside. We also need to get Cameron or Gresham in FA. But one of them with Gilmore being the 2nd blocking TE that can get out in routes. Blake would be a great 3rd who can do both blocking and receiving AND hes a QB so knows what Flacco is thinking. He works back to the ball. Put Supernaw back on the PS. Suddenly this has become a strength position. Dont even bother with OD or Pitta.

Whatcha think?

1st - Love Beasley and think there's a good shot of us getting him. Not necessarily a conspicuous need, but in today's NFL, every team always needs more pass rush.

2nd - Would love it, but I don't think there's a chance Strong lasts without injury.

3rd - No thanks. Abdullah's a third down back at this point that's terrible in pass protection. I don't really see an upside greater than Forsett. I'd be shocked if at least one of Johnson, Coleman, Yeldon, or Cobb weren't available, all of whom I like better

4th - Gaines would be a very good pick, though I also doubt he last this long. This might be a good spot to target Diggs if the kidney thing isn't a long-term concern.

4th comp - Bell is basically all upside at this point, and he wouldn't be the first former basketball player to have a failed conversion to TE. I don't think you can use a pick this early on a guy that's caught 15 passes in his college career. I really like some of the ILBs rated at this point (or later) in AJ Johnson, Stephone Anthony, Ben Heeney and Trey Depriest.

Overall, good attempt, but I think you're a little too focused on positional needs with the later picks

As much as I've trashed other RBs.. I fucking LOATHE Abdullah.... If we get him, I'll rage so hard haha. And I know it's stupid to rage. That's how much I hate it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DevilOntheRun View Post
    As much as I've trashed other RBs.. I fucking LOATHE Abdullah.... If we get him, I'll rage so hard haha. And I know it's stupid to rage. That's how much I hate it.
    Gonna have to watch him more and see why the hate lol.