Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Attempt at a mock Draft

Hmm... I see Wickedsolo is the resident draft guru. And I've seen his stuff, and I'll say not bad. I'll take a shot at it..

So this'll be a mock offseason... thing. IDC. It'll probably be pure shit...

So..... Our needs(in no particular rank of importance).

WR- Joe Flacco lacks a #1 WR. Steve Smith Sr can vanish from time to time. Very valuable commodity to have, seeing as he's veteran leadership and gives the team a certain swagger, but not a true #1 anymore. Which is fine. He's a damn good #2. So he has a place here. That said. Flacco needs a #1. I really don't think we resign Torrey, he's a one trick pony in my eyes. He's not worth a lot of money.

TE- Daniels will probably be resigned. Kubiak has been good, but not good enough for me to see him leaving. If he does leave, we have two good successors who have studied his scheme for a year. So we should be in pretty decent hands. Daniels may not be able to play a full 16 games, but again, good commodity.

That said, Kubiak relies a lot on two TE schemes. I don't trust Dennis nor Daniels to stay healthy a full season. Crockett is just an average receiving TE. Again, a good guy to have, but not someone I'd consistently trust.

CB(depth)- We a need a #2 CB. We have our slot CB and our star on the roster. Jimmy will be worth every penny. But Webb has been slowed down by injury. I actually feel sorry for the guy. So a #2 starter is in order, but if you ask me, we should be in the market for a #1. That said, I can see us taking a CB in the third, as we do need the depth. Wouldn't be surprised if we double dipped.

RB- This should be a need every year. Draft one, and never sign one to a long term extension ever again.

Pass Rusher-Mcphee has been great. And we have two good LBs. But both of those guys are in their 30s, and have maybe, 2-3 years at most of being elite pass rushers. This draft here is a good one to stock up on pass rushers.

Offseason resigning, and predictions...
    I project the cap to be at around $140 million by next season because of the increase of QB contracts. Benefits us since Ray Rice literally fucked us over... That said, we need to cut some people.

Rumored cuts I don't think will happen. (from what I've seen in some speculation) Correct me if I'm wrong btw. IDK
    Spotrac says we start at $137 million before tenders.

Ngata- Fun fact. We only save $1 million if we cut him, and for that price. I'd rather have him on the roster than not be here... So I think he stays.
    Steve Smith-Why? Take away our best WR. For $1 million saved... That's stupid.
    Yanda-Why cut one of the best guards in the NFL? Just why?
    Daryl Smith-We save no money haha... Why lose a veteran?

Cuts
    Chris Canty- $2 million saved.
    Ladarius Webb- $1 million saved(injuries have made him a liability while the players above are still good)
    Albert Mclellan-$1million saved.
    Sam Koch- $2 million saved(sorry Sam. You've been good this year but you're replaceable).

This puts us at around $131 million.

Tenders

Jutin Tucker
    Will Hill
    Kamar Aiken

Restructure Candidates
    Yanda- Gets a deal similar to what Suggs got. Backloaded Contract. Should save a few million.
    Haloti Ngata- Don't think we cut him, but he should also get a reduced deal next season. Might get a Suggs-esq extension as well. Either way I see him still being on the team next year.

Resigning Candidates

Justin Forsett- As awesome as he's been. He'll come at a decent price. RB's just aren't worth much nowadays.
    Owen Daniels- Injury prone older TE will not make a lot of money on the open market.

Free agent signings.
    1. Byron Maxwell- He deserves a ton of cash. And we can backload the contract. He's a very good CB, and would make a good trio with Jimmy and Asa.
    2. More corners. Something tells me me bombard ourselves with them in the mid rounds for depth purposes but I see us getting some good depth in FA.

Draft
    1. Vic Beasley OLB/DE
    6_1212701.jpg

I get it. I fucking get it... ANOTHER linebacker? "Go fuck yourself Ozzie you incompetent fuck"..

Beasley might skyrocket the next few months, but I can see him falling to us. Here, Ozzie would easily pull the trigger. From what I've seen, very nice burst. He'd be a situational pass rusher his first year, but would be a cornerstone within the next few years.

2. Tevin Coleman RB
    1409435978000-coleman.jpg
    An all around back with speed, power, and pretty decent vision. Should be a good fit here. Gives Flacco a good starting back for when Justin does leave.

3. Justin Hardy WR
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aLPtrAluYU
    I want a #1 WR, and I do think Hardy can do that. He's got very good hands, and looks like a tough SOB who will catch it if you throw it up to him. Good fundamentals as he will come back to the ball if he can do that and he seems to have good body control. Not elite speed, but good enough speed.

3(project compensatory pick). Clive Walford TE

Yes, I have not addressed CB yet. I understand that many will rage at me for it. He's a former basketball player with good hands and good athletic ability. Doesn't really block, but will provide a viable replacement for Pitta/Daniels for injury purposes.

4. Stefon Diggs WR
    Yes, I understand he's an injury prone mofo. But we do need a deep threat to replace Torrey. I actually see him falling this far. For deep threat purposes, he should be great. It would minimize his snaps and keep him healthier. Best case scenario is that he turns into a stud. Worst case... He's just a deep threat. Which is fine for a fourth rounder.

4.(comp pick) Steven Nelson CB
    Finally I address CB. Nelson is actually very good in coverage, but is small. He's worth the pick because he's good in coverage. But he'd be nothing more than a slot CB. Which is fine for us. We can use all the depth we can get.

That's all I can really do at this point. It's probably crap but whatever. Here's my attempt at it...

EDIT: Yes, I am aware of the pic of Gurley... I don't know how to remove it... Are their like Moderators or something who can help? Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DevilOntheRun; 12-09-2014 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Trying to remove attached image...

Re: My Attempt at a mock Draft

Ngata- Fun fact. We only save $1 million if we cut him, and for that price. I'd rather have him on the roster than not be here...
    That was if we cut him before this season. If we cut him after this season, we'll save $8.5m.

I don't know a ton about the prospects this year, but this seems like a good haul. Can Beasley be used all over the line like McPhee?

Cool Re: My Attempt at a mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    That was if we cut him before this season. If we cut him after this season, we'll save $8.5m.

I don't know a ton about the prospects this year, but this seems like a good haul. Can Beasley be used all over the line like McPhee?
    No! He is not big enough which is why he might drop to us on draft day but I think he will still be long gone (he is that talented).

Blog Entries

I'm concerned about Beasley simply because of his size. It is true that Doom isn't "big" in the truest since of the word, but he is thick with long arms. I've watched a lot of ACC ball and the games I've seen Beasley play he seems like he is almost built like a strong safety rather than a DE/RUSH linebacker. I wouldn't be surprised if he measured in at the combine around 6'1" and 230-235lbs. If that happens, he's going to absolutely plummet.

If the Ravens do in fact key in on a pass-rusher (which I'd be all for as long as they don't neglect WR and CB later in the draft) then I'd like Marcus Golden or Shane Ray out of Missouri. Ray especially, though he might go really early. I also really like Dante Fowler out of Florida.

Regarding whether they keep or cut Senior...it isn't just a 1 million cap savings if they cut him. It is nearly double what his rate for this year is. I'm sorry, but at 36 years old one does have to consider the very real possibility that money could be better spent elsewhere.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm concerned about Beasley simply because of his size. It is true that Doom isn't "big" in the truest since of the word, but he is thick with long arms. I've watched a lot of ACC ball and the games I've seen Beasley play he seems like he is almost built like a strong safety rather than a DE/RUSH linebacker. I wouldn't be surprised if he measured in at the combine around 6'1" and 230-235lbs. If that happens, he's going to absolutely plummet.

If the Ravens do in fact key in on a pass-rusher (which I'd be all for as long as they don't neglect WR and CB later in the draft) then I'd like Marcus Golden or Shane Ray out of Missouri. Ray especially, though he might go really early. I also really like Dante Fowler out of Florida.

Regarding whether they keep or cut Senior...it isn't just a 1 million cap savings if they cut him. It is nearly double what his rate for this year is. I'm sorry, but at 36 years old one does have to consider the very real possibility that money could be better spent elsewhere.
    I have an interesting thought that you may be able to answer Wicked! Could Beasley actually be converted into a SS? I know that the Panthers tried something like that years ago when they drafted Davis No. 1 but I don't think it really worked for them.

Could it be a possibility with Beasley?

Meh, I'm not sure Beasley falls with that kind of weight measurement, because I don't think anyone expects him to measure big. He weighed in at 236 before this season.

As for height, here's a picture next to Jameis at ACC media day pre-season, who's listed at 6'4"

vic-beasley-jameis-winston-ncaa-football-acc-media-day1-590x900.jpg

I think a bad 40 time hurts him much more than physical measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I have an interesting thought that you may be able to answer Wicked! Could Beasley actually be converted into a SS? I know that the Panthers tried something like that years ago when they drafted Davis No. 1 but I don't think it really worked for them.

Could it be a possibility with Beasley?
    No. He could be converted into a 4-3 OLB, but nothing in the secondary. His value lies in his play behind the line of scrimmage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Meh, I'm not sure Beasley falls with that kind of weight measurement, because I don't think anyone expects him to measure big. He weighed in at 236 before this season.

As for height, here's a picture next to Jameis at ACC media day pre-season, who's listed at 6'4"

vic-beasley-jameis-winston-ncaa-football-acc-media-day1-590x900.jpg

I think a bad 40 time hurts him much more than physical measurements.
    Interesting with the photo. Makes me wonder if Winston is really more like 6'2" ish then?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Interesting with the photo. Makes me wonder if Winston is really more like 6'2" ish then?
    I think that's likely the case.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    I think that's likely the case.
    Well, that would prob hurt him then.

Don't think height would kill Beasley's stock. Weight could be an issue.. But it's hard to deny that his overall skill-set is impressive.

I like Fowler, he already has NFL size, and can put pressure on the guy, but I do like Beasley more.

Beasley would be great to get. But I think he'll be gone before we get a chance at picking him. Nice thought though.

If we do make the playoffs and draft somewhere in the 20's, it's tricky to think of who in a 34 OLB/DE would be of value there. Nate Orchard could be good though he feels like a high 2nd round pick to me right now. Still seems like in the lower part of round 1 value is found at WR and OT (not that we need one) and DT (same-not needed). That can and will change of course.
    Last edited by ursula; 12-13-2014 at 01:22 AM.