Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitta not done

Blog Entries

Pitta not done

According to Harbs, he wants to play again and the hip injuries aren't career ending.

Man...what could have been this year between Joe and Dennis.

We all got a raw deal on that one.

Re: Pitta not done

I understand that he wants to play. Whether he is able to is anyone's guess. He was injured on a non-contact play. I certainly wouldn't rely on any production from Pitta if I were Ozzie.

It would be great to have him back. Hopefully he heals up properly and is able to contribute next year.

Blog Entries

We have another win and Joe has 5-10% better stats today if Pitta had played this season.

I truly believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I understand that he wants to play. Whether he is able to is anyone's guess. He was injured on a non-contact play.
    Per Twitter, Aaron Wilson says that Harbs has been told that Pitta's injuries are not career-threatening. He did not say who told him that, but I would assume that it was a doctor.

Blog Entries

I don't see how the team can cut him with that contract. The dead money would be brutal. Here's hoping he can come back and contribute next year.

YEAR BASE SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS OPTION BONUS WORKOUT BONUS RESTRUC. BONUS INCENTIVE CAP HIT DEAD
    2014 1,000,000 2,200,000 ] 3,200,000 16,000,000
    2015 4,000,000 2,200,000 - - - - - 6,200,000 12,800,000
    2016 5,000,000 2,200,000 - - - - - 7,200,000 6,600,000
    2017 5,500,000 2,200,000 - - - - - 7,700,000 4,400,000
    2018 5,500,000 2,200,000 - - - - - 7,700,000 2,200,

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I understand that he wants to play. Whether he is able to is anyone's guess. He was injured on a non-contact play. I certainly wouldn't rely on any production from Pitta if I were Ozzie.
    If I were Pitta I wouldn't rely on any production from Pitta. Like you said, he wasn't touched on the play that he was injured. I respect his warrior mentality, but at this point he should be more concerned with walking without any problems when he's 40. I wish him the best. I wouldn't bring him back, though.

At this point I would probably cut him, and only sign him for the minimum the first year, and then a bunch of incentives in the next few years if he can make it past that point. He already got a huge payday, and then got immediately injured. I don't think he's worth the risk of continuing to pay his contract, or even him resigning for more than the vet minimum.

His dead money figure for cutting him this offseason would be basically the same as his cap charge for the next two seasons. Little choice but to bring him back and hope he can somehow stay healthy.

Would be nice to have him and Webb come back and live up to their contracts instead of forcing tough decisions on us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cbaywolf View Post
    At this point I would probably cut him, and only sign him for the minimum the first year, and then a bunch of incentives in the next few years if he can make it past that point. He already got a huge payday, and then got immediately injured. I don't think he's worth the risk of continuing to pay his contract, or even him resigning for more than the vet minimum.
    I posted a chart above. Look at the payment for cutting him...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Two words.

Stem.

Cells.

Get well Pitta.

I think the option was to possibly put him on the PUP list to start the season next year, or possibly IR if he isn't cleared. If he is cleared, they really have to let him try to play because of his contract, but they definitely need to draft a TE and/or sign a FA. They have to look at anything they can get from Pitta as a bonus at this point.

Thank goodness for Owen Daniels.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...