Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Niners

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    One game doesn't make a coach, Turner's been a terrible head coach. He's a great offensive coordinator but he's a terrible HC. Billick is still a good HC, and I'd take him over Norv Turner, if you can Billick who provides an upgrade? You won't find any better coaches available to take this team forward if you can Billick.

What you need to do is tell him once and for all to yield any control of the offense, it started to get moving when he took over the playcalling last year but it's been far too dink and dunk this year. If it doesn't take off under Boller, let Neuheisel take full control of the offense, full control.

Ryan calls the D..The D falls on Rex....The O falls on the O coord, or in this case BB. BB has never called a good game...He has always relied on the D to carry this team, therefore the D coord. has more influence on this team than the Head Coach!! Norv calls a good game offensively, which is what we need. The D is what it is, if our o gets to where it is just avg, we would be bad ass. STOP MAKING EXCUSES FOR YEARS OF THIS CRAP!@!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

BB has never called a good game...
    Really, in Minnesota he never did? How about last year? No good games?

He's a good head coach except he should have benched McNair. The problem wasn't the play calling, except maybe a bit more running. The problem was his QB has no confidence to throw downfield and checked down continually.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    But he does control the QB...Dont let the puppeteer off

That's perhaps the silliest thing I've heard. The QB has agency, he decides where to throw the ball. He can make a choice.

There is a reason why DWill and Clayton don't exist anymore, they are running more intermediate to deep routes that our current QB won't throw to.

McNair is the issue. Whether or not Boller is the solution, McNair is killing this teams offense right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    That's perhaps the silliest thing I've heard. The QB has agency, he decides where to throw the ball. He can make a choice.

There is a reason why DWill and Clayton don't exist anymore, they are running more intermediate to deep routes that our current QB won't throw to.

McNair is the issue. Whether or not Boller is the solution, McNair is killing this teams offense right now.
    If the coach does not see that as an issue than it is the coach that must go.

And for god sakes leave the Vikings stats alone!! He has done nothing here...Thats about a decade. If you feel comfortable living on stats from last decade I feel bad for you. I am sick to death of our team looking like this!!! Ans we won today so I am not ranting from a bad loss...I am ranting from a bad win!!!

BTW, I compare BB's 2 minute play calling to that of Mike Martz.....which is no compliment I assure you!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

And for god sakes leave the Vikings stats alone!! He has done nothing here...Thats about a decade.
    I'm sorry, you brought up how he calls games. He has called 16 games since Fassel was fired and none before that until we go back to Minny. I think he called some fine games last year and even did in the playoff loss. McNair threw two crushing picks. The first one in the end zone and the second was behind D Will that if it hits him in stride was going to be a huge play. If McNair hits those two plays we might be talking up the Lombardi the team just won.

But if we want a full body of work to look at to determine his ability to call a game we have to go back to Minny.

It's hard to rate today since the ball was only thrown deep enough once to cause the camera showing the line play to have to pan. I have no idea how often the WRs were open deep.

I would have run the ball a bit more, but not substantially, part of the reason McGahee has a nice average is that we throw enough to keep 8 out of the box. Though with McNair they aren't far from the box.