Thread: Inactives

Inactives

Campanaro, Tyson, BrownA, Reid, Gradkowski, Melvin, and Cody are all inactive. It's going to be tough for Cody to see the field if Tyson is inactive.

Re: Inactives

I am dying to know what Arthur Brown has to go do to become active. He's been active 1 time all year? Not looking good for a guy you traded up to get in the 2nd round. What a disappointment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    I am dying to know what Arthur Brown has to go do to become active. He's been active 1 time all year? Not looking good for a guy you traded up to get in the 2nd round. What a disappointment.
    I agree. Brown's inability to get onto the field is disappointing. I think that Mosley and Smith being every down linebackers is really the issue. Combine that with McClellan and Orr being better STs guys and that's what you've got.

It's a bummer. Hopefully Brown uses this season to really hone his skills as a linebacker and make it impossible for the Ravens to bench him next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut Daryl Smith next year TBH. Mosley is good enough to be THE guy on the defensive side of the ball and get everyone lined up. They won't need Smith's veteran presence next year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I'm with you Wicked. It's critical that he gets his stuff together because I dint see the point of having D Smith next year either. He's really shown to be too slow this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree. Brown's inability to get onto the field is disappointing. I think that Mosley and Smith being every down linebackers is really the issue. Combine that with McClellan and Orr being better STs guys and that's what you've got.

It's a bummer. Hopefully Brown uses this season to really hone his skills as a linebacker and make it impossible for the Ravens to bench him next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut Daryl Smith next year TBH. Mosley is good enough to be THE guy on the defensive side of the ball and get everyone lined up. They won't need Smith's veteran presence next year.
    Did you mean after the 2015 season? I don't believe there would be much salary cap gain as he has 3 years left. They would have to deal with 2.6m in dead money. You could spread that over two seasons but no real benefit until after 2015 season.

I'd keep Smith for next year. Even if Brown beats him out, it's good to have a veteran guy who can come in and play in pinch. And who knows if it slows down Mosley to be responsible for getting everyone in position? I recall someone said that's what happened to him at Alabama.

Worst case scenario, you have a backup ILB, who costs a bit much to be sitting on the bench, but nothing crazy, and the savings from cutting are very small.

Blog Entries

I'm just tired of seeing Smith late to picking up guys in the passing games and late to tackle. Next year he ain't gonna be any younger. IF Brown can't beat him out hell be a official bust. I'm not ready to label him that just yet. Buy a 2nd rounder who can't even get on the field. This may be OZ worse LB pick ever. Surprising given how good we are at picking LBs. Really the only reason why I'm not ready to believe he's a bust yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

A very important point.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bmore 11 View Post
    Did you mean after the 2015 season? I don't believe there would be much salary cap gain as he has 3 years left. They would have to deal with 2.6m in dead money. You could spread that over two seasons but no real benefit until after 2015 season.
    No, I meant next off-season.

Daryl Smith isn't a bad player, but he's expensive and he's clearly declined a bit since last season IMO.

3.5 million cap hit if they cut Daryl Smith this offseason and 2.6 million cap hit if they wait until the following year

I'm with CopRaven and would be in favour of keeping Smith on the roster next year. I know we all see him slowing down and struggling at times but he'll be a good presence to have around and can be a excellent backup who can fill in anytime

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    I'd keep Smith for next year. Even if Brown beats him out, it's good to have a veteran guy who can come in and play in pinch. And who knows if it slows down Mosley to be responsible for getting everyone in position? I recall someone said that's what happened to him at Alabama.

Worst case scenario, you have a backup ILB, who costs a bit much to be sitting on the bench, but nothing crazy, and the savings from cutting are very small.
    I'd be good with that too, but then it becomes a matter of cost. Do you keep the pricier player on the bench in lieu of the younger player? Or, do you ask the pricier guy to take a pay cut because the younger guy is going to eat into his playing time on the field?

For what it's worth, PFF wrote this little piece on Smith and Mosley last week: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-finding-form/