Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Brooks missed interception

I watched the play and the replay and to me Brooks never had a chance at an interception. His momentum was carrying him to the side of the field and and away from the ball in my opinion. What am I missing other than maybe where he should have been on the play? But from the position he was at, it didn't look like he had a chance to me.

Blog Entries

Re: The Brooks missed interception

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulahoo View Post
    I watched the play and the replay and to me Brooks never had a chance at an interception. His momentum was carrying him to the side of the field and and away from the ball in my opinion. What am I missing other than maybe where he should have been on the play? But from the position he was at, it didn't look like he had a chance to me.
    He didn't attack the ball coming in! He was expecting it to land at his chest but it obviously didn't! He's a rook, he'll learn (hopefully!) but Ed Reed wouldn't have let that come down!

I somewhat agree that there was no "easy" interception there, but he at least would have had a chance at an interception or breaking up the play had he taken an angle to get the ball at a higher point. Instead we backed up to catch it in his chest and allowed the receiver to make the play in front of him.

Sorry, he knew where the ball was going. He read Drew Brees correctly on that play. He made a mistake in judgement trying to play centerfield. Should have attacked the ball. Even Harbaugh had a few words with him when he was walking back towards the sidelines.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    He didn't attack the ball coming in! He was expecting it to land at his chest but it obviously didn't! He's a rook, he'll learn (hopefully!) but Ed Reed wouldn't have let that come down!
    I agree, even Will Hill would have had it or at least defended against it... Bc

Blog Entries

He's a rook He took a bad angle and than didn't attach the ball. Was a relatively easy pick he turned into a TD. Things like that happen. However with the emergence of Hill it seems he was the wasted pick. Hindsight being 20/20.

Blog Entries

He's gonna be fine. Here's his quote:

"I should have made the play," Brooks said while shaking his head in disgust. "I read the play perfectly and I was in position to get a pick. Obviously, I didn't come up with it. I just got to be more aggressive on the ball and have that confidence and play how I'm supposed to play. I feel like I'm kind of in a rut.
    "I'm actually up and down with it right now. I don't know what it is, but we got to figure it out fast and play better. That was a play I definitely should have made. It just didn't happen. I'm disappointed in myself and how I'm playing right now. This up-and-down thing, it don't matter if I'm a rookie or not."

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

the fact that he had the instincts to diagnose the play for a rookie is good he just didn't attack the ball and credit to Colston who did not climb, but out jumped both defenders to get it. He will be ok next time I bet he gets it.

Blog Entries

I'm still in the camp of moving him to corner. I think he'd do pretty decent there. Hell still make a few rookie mistakes but I'd like to see him get some playing time split with lavine at that third spot.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    However with the emergence of Hill it seems he was the wasted pick. Hindsight being 20/20.
    What makes you sure Hill will be here next year?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

His momentum took him there, because that's where he judged the ball to land in his lap. Had he judged it better, he would have at least broken up the pass and that's only if Colston broke up the interception that would have been. We've seen Ed Reed in that position plenty of times where Reed just attacks the ball in the air to get the pick.

He read the play great and was in position. Translation: He did a damn sight better than Darian Stewart.

He'll learn how to judge the ball better in the air with experience. That is coachable. Even the great Ed Reed made some poor decisions as a rookie. I think Brooks will be fine.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    What makes you sure Hill will be here next year?
    Just can't see that many suitors willing to bust open the bank for him AND we're the ones that gave him his shot. Same with Forsett. I think he's back also on a friendly deal. But back to Hill. He's on his 3rd strike. That alone will scare off half the league. Now who else is desperate for a FS? Many teams like the Saints did it last year. Also teams that took a high draft pick on Haha and Pryor so that wipes out another third of the league. Really who is gonna come calling for his services besides us?