Blog Entries

Haloti Ngata is earning his All-Pro selection this year.

If he gets it, it will be well earned. It is amazing what he is still capable of, after years of fans thinking the downhill slope was heavily in progress, once they FINALLY put somebody beside him of quality. He doesn't have to do it all himself. He has a running mate inside to stop runs (Williams), and he has a running mate inside to rush the passer (McPhee).

Some of the plays that he's made this year are wholly reminiscent of the plays that have made him his reputation.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Haloti Ngata is earning his All-Pro selection this year.

his demise has been greatly exaggerated on this board. even fighting through injuries hes still been one of the best in the league the past few years. Id say the bigger factor is he appears to be healthy and not run down from playing so many snaps himself rather than whos beside him.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

This is Ngata's best year since 2011. We all know the Ravens really want to get him extended but it won't be easy. He's really been dominant all season long against the run and the pass.

That 4th down stop at the goal line was all Ngata. He blew that play up by himself.

When he's healthy he's still is a beast.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I along with many fans did feel he was trending downward but his play this year has been exceptional. Alot of that has to do with his reduced snap count and having someone like Brandon Williams next to him. I love seeing this combo out there!!!
    I also read a while back how Dan Pees made a slight adjustment in having Ngata line up more on the shoulder of the guards as oppose to right over the center. I guess positioning (when the scheme calls for it) has really paid off for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I along with many fans did feel he was trending downward but his play this year has been exceptional. Alot of that has to do with his reduced snap count and having someone like Brandon Williams next to him. I love seeing this combo out there!!!
    I also read a while back how Dan Pees made a slight adjustment in having Ngata line up more on the shoulder of the guards as oppose to right over the center. I guess positioning (when the scheme calls for it) has really paid off for him.
    It's something they tried before with Terrance Cody, but Cody got abused inside and teams were still able to focus on Ngata. So, they went away from it. Now, they've essentially substituted Terrance Cody for Brandon Williams and tried it again. This time, Williams is doing well. So, it's much more effective.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Love Ngata, but I'd like to ask you guys a question (?) What happened to Jernigan yesterday? I saw Lawrence Guy on the field when Suggs got his sack. Is he hurt, inactive, or what? Thanks... Bc

I saw Jerrigan a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Love Ngata, but I'd like to ask you guys a question (?) What happened to Jernigan yesterday? I saw Lawrence Guy on the field when Suggs got his sack. Is he hurt, inactive, or what? Thanks... Bc
    Jernigan was definately out there. Saw him on the field for a handful of snaps for sure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Jernigan was definately out there. Saw him on the field for a handful of snaps for sure
    Thanks psl... these old eyes must be deceiving me. He didn't have any stats... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    That 4th down stop at the goal line was all Ngata. He blew that play up by himself.

When he's healthy he's still is a beast.
    Blew his guy back 4 yards into the runner. Play never had a chance. That was vintage Ngata. He may be back to 1st team all pro this year. That's what I'm seeing. 30 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 fumbles, even 2 picks, and constant havoc. Am unfamiliar with much of the rest of the interior Dlinemen. I know Poe's a beast.

Health is a factor for Haloti. Williams is an even bigger one imo. He won't be all pro, or even in the pro bowl in all likelihood, but he'd be deserving. 35 tackles (that's right 5 more than Ngata, as a NT), 1/2 a sack, 2 fumbles and a wall of granite against the run. One thing I know, I wouldn't trade BW and Haloti for any pair of Dlinemen in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    Blew his guy back 4 yards into the runner. Play never had a chance. That was vintage Ngata. He may be back to 1st team all pro this year. That's what I'm seeing. 30 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 fumbles, even 2 picks, and constant havoc. Am unfamiliar with much of the rest of the interior Dlinemen. I know Poe's a beast.

Health is a factor for Haloti. Williams is an even bigger one imo. He won't be all pro, or even in the pro bowl in all likelihood, but he'd be deserving. 35 tackles (that's right 5 more than Ngata, as a NT), 1/2 a sack, 2 fumbles and a wall of granite against the run. One thing I know, I wouldn't trade BW and Haloti for any pair of Dlinemen in the league.
    I agree. I don't think there's a better pair of interior linemen in the league. If Ngata don't make first team all pro, something's wrong. There's no way a man that big and bad should be as fast as he is, and have as good a set of hands as he does. Most DB's would be happy with 2 picks for a season. lol. There should be a law against it, but I'm glad there's not. :)
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis