Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Is Eugene Monroe Still Hurt?

I'm seriously wondering. He was playing at a pro-bowl level before getting hurt.

Ever since he has come back he hasn't looked the same. Junior Gallette flat out owned him several times last night and one hit Gallette had on Flacco almost resulted in an interception.

I don't think the Ravens made a mistake with giving the guy a long term deal because he's in his prime and he is a good fit for the ZBS. However, he's been really unimpressive the last few weeks.

I'm thinking the guy is still hurt or he hasn't fully recovered yet and it is impacting his ability to keep a strong base against pass-rushers. There is no other explanation for a guy to regress so much in one season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Is Eugene Monroe Still Hurt?

I'm not the film expert that FilmStudy is but even my untrained eye could tell he was playing terribly last night.

Blog Entries

I didnt think he was playing all that great before honestly. inconsistent at least. Im not sure what the deal with him is, but i think its well known that a lot of the pressure flaccos been seeing has been from that left side.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Turn style tackle lately he looks bad in pass pro and not so great run blocking either. The right side is where they have been running more don't know what the deal is if he is still nursing that knee injury or he's still rusty and out of sync for missing that time.

Blog Entries

Or is it the ZB scheme?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm pretty sure they were still giving him a series or two off in the Bengals game. His knee may not fully healed but he wasn't exactly tearing it up beforehand.

He had an atrocious game as I saw it. The problem wasn't just that Galette was physically overpowering him. On several plays he let the guy run right by him. He was simply awful and we're extremely lucky he didn't single-handedly kill our offensive gameplan.

If this is what we're going to get from him going forth, he needs to be benched. If he's injured let him sit and get better... he's only hurting the team right now.

Blog Entries

He's been getting killed

Blog Entries

I've never been a fan of his. I think he's an average player at best. I don't think the contract was a mistake either because they didn't overpay, but I think those that think/thought we have the left side locked down are wrong. He's capable but that's about it. BTW I felt this way last year...not spur of the moment type of thing. Clearly the weak link on the line right now.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Terrible performance last night. He directly caused Flacco to get hit while he threw on multiple occasions within 2 to 2.5 seconds on a four man pass rush, inexcusable. Some of those could have easily been picked off. Not good. Need to do a better job on Flacco's blind side.

Blog Entries

Almost caused a pick six and killed a drive where Flacco clearly had the target in sight late in the fourth. They could have taken another minute and a half off the clock and potential driven for a TD.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Good thing we got Hurst just the same. Monroe needs to play better and if his knee is still bothering him maybe he shouldn't be out there? We know he struggled as well, but he's a rookie with possibly more upside than Monroe in the big picture. I still can't believe he got owned the way he did against Harrison? We'll see in the coming weeks.. Maybe Monroe will start playing better but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm not calling for Hurst him to start now, (not yet anyway) just saying it's nice our team finally has some depth on the o-line.