Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ben Tate Waived by Cleveland

This comes as a shock to me although I don't follow the Browns personnel decisions as closely as the Ravens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...er_atn_sessler

Blog Entries

Re: Ben Tate Waived by Cleveland

He was expensive and sitting on the sideline behind two rookies.

I'd love to see Baltimore sign him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Dude complained way too much about not getting playing time.

Denver might seem like a logical landing place
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Hes been the worse one of the 3. He was the best of the 3 when Mack was making the calls and opening holes however. Seemed to be a disconnect and the rookies have been making more of an impact by breaking more tackles and making something from nothing (ie, theyre hungrier). Im sure hes been a squeaky wheel about it and they decided hes not playing into their future anyway so remove the wheel.

I doubt a team will pick up his contract but hell find a home on a contender shortly. Dallas, Denver and maybe NE seem like legitimate teams for him. I dont see a role here unless we decide to cut Pierce, which I find highly unlikely.
    -JAB

I'm thinking Indy now that Bradshaw has the broken leg and Richardson has underachieved since he came into the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Hes been the worse one of the 3. He was the best of the 3 when Mack was making the calls and opening holes. Im sure hes been a squeaky wheel about it and they decided hes not playing into their future anyway.

I doubt a team will pick up his contract but hell find a home on a contender shortly. Dallas, Denver and maybe NE seem like legitimate teams for him. I dont see a role here unless we decide to cut Pierce, which I find highly unlikely.
    When he's healthy, he's pretty good and he knows this offense. I think Pierce and Taliaferro aren't going anywhere for a while, but Tate wouldn't be bad to have on reserve, you know?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    I'm thinking Indy now that Bradshaw has the broken leg and Richardson has underachieved since he came into the NFL.
    That's a real possibility.

Jacksonville could as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    that would be legitimate spot as well. Hed fit right into the bradshaw role without skipping a beat.
    -JAB

I am absolutely good with our RBs.

He's unhappy about being in a three RB system so I doubt he's thinking about coming to Bmore. Kubiak may want him but I don't think he wants us.

Only way he comes here is if the Ravens bench Pierce and even if that happens, he has to beat out Taliaferro.

Colts or Broncos sound like a better fit for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    When he's healthy, he's pretty good and he knows this offense. I think Pierce and Taliaferro aren't going anywhere for a while, but Tate wouldn't be bad to have on reserve, you know?
    I just dont see a role or spot for him currently. If we had an injury hed be the first guy to call, and capable of starting on a short week. Nice luxury to have, but for a team that decided CBs werent a luxury worth having I cant imagine a 4th RB is.

I think he still has a lot to offer, especially in the passing game, but theres little chance thats going to be here. Although with Pierces decline, who knows?
    -JAB