Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Ravens Might Have A Shot At Todd Gurley

They confirmed that he tore his ACL last night. He'll definitely drop a few rounds.

Blog Entries

Re: The Ravens Might Have A Shot At Todd Gurley

I don't see him dropping out of round 1.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I hate the idea of a round-1 running back, but man...Todd Gurley in Kubiak's offense would be fucking sick.

As would Melvin Gordon or Duke Johnson.

RiWL - I watched the Florida State/Miami game this weekend. Duke Johnson really impressed me. Great vision and balance with enough speed to make him a big play guy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I hate the idea of a round-1 running back, but man...Todd Gurley in Kubiak's offense would be fucking sick.

As would Melvin Gordon or Duke Johnson.

RiWL - I watched the Florida State/Miami game this weekend. Duke Johnson really impressed me. Great vision and balance with enough speed to make him a big play guy.
    True. All of what you are saying. Duke. Melvin. Todd. Absolutely sick.

And because of that, regardless of all the other possible players the Ravens can pick in the draft, we will know that Ozzie and Co might well take one of these RBs. Until round 3 ends I'll be thinking that Ozzie will be taking a RB somewhere in the first three rounds. Regardless of the new conventional wisdom that RBs are interchangeable and do not give enough value for a high draft pick.

I agree. If Willis McGahee gets drafted in rd one more than a decade ago after a bad knee injury, surely advances in medical technology says he's a first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I agree. If Willis McGahee gets drafted in rd one more than a decade ago after a bad knee injury, surely advances in medical technology says he's a first rounder.
    McGahee also didn't play in a time when RBs were completely devalued.

Blog Entries

I hope we dont take Gurley

I dont think he has the agility or burst to be great in the league

He kinda reminds me of Trent Richardson but i don't think he'll be as bad as Trent

Quote Originally Posted by GullyGill View Post
    I hope we dont take Gurley

I dont think he has the agility or burst to be great in the league

He kinda reminds me of Trent Richardson but i don't think he'll be as bad as Trent
    Guess you didn't watch much of him pre-injury? Watch tape of Arian Foster/Marshawn Lynch and tell me that the have better burst than Gurley did.

Todd Gurley in the 20's would be typical Ozzie. Tremendous player who falls due to whatever reason. Give him four years in this scheme, with this line, and he's rushing for two thousand yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sedjro View Post
    Todd Gurley in the 20's would be typical Ozzie. Tremendous player who falls due to whatever reason. Give him four years in this scheme, with this line, and he's rushing for two thousand yards.
    Gurley is going to be good no doubt, but his situation would be similar to the Mosley one. I hated the pick at the time and I knew he would be good...

So we're probably taking Todd.....

DAMN YOU OZZIE :P

For no reason whatsoevee I prefer Gordon. Maybe it's because rhw ravens will actually have a shot at him. It's pretty clear one if the top wr will not fall, but we have seen crazier things happen in the draft. I am expecting the top defensive player then receiver nd corner respectively.