Blog Entries

Former Raven Jason Brown now a farmer

http://russellstreetreport.com/rave-...ens-free-farm/

Awesome story. I had a chance to meet Brown at the Polar Bear Plunge in 2008. He seemed like a really nice guy in person. Now he's running a free farm where he donates the crops to charity. It's refreshing to see something like this with all the recent bad things going on with NFL players.

Re: Former Raven Jason Brown now a farmer

Great story! Thanks for sharing.
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone

I was surprised when I received a text from Nestor the year Brown was up for a contract extension saying, "Ravens tell Brown he isn't in their future plans." I thought he was a good player and would be here for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I was surprised when I received a text from Nestor the year Brown was up for a contract extension saying, "Ravens tell Brown he isn't in their future plans."
    Well, I guess that is one way of remembering the history.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    http://russellstreetreport.com/rave-...ens-free-farm/

Awesome story. I had a chance to meet Brown at the Polar Bear Plunge in 2008. He seemed like a really nice guy in person. Now he's running a free farm where he donates the crops to charity. It's refreshing to see something like this with all the recent bad things going on with NFL players.
    +1

He seems to be a great person.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Brown wanted more money and jumped ship when Ozzie would not give it to him. I believe he would have been part of our starters on the offensive line for quite a long time had he not pulled this stunt as a very young player.

Birk help anchor the line after that and lead us to a Super Bowl, and you saw what Brown got while with the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    Brown wanted more money and jumped ship when Ozzie would not give it to him. I believe he would have been part of our starters on the offensive line for quite a long time had he not pulled this stunt as a very young player.

Birk help anchor the line after that and lead us to a Super Bowl, and you saw what Brown got while with the Rams.
    Well, things worked out for him just fine, according to the story. He apparently thinks there is something more rewarding in life than football.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post

That's typically what free agents do...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Well, things worked out for him just fine, according to the story. He apparently thinks there is something more rewarding in life than football.
    I agree...he made his million$ playing football, now he's doing his real heart's desire and I admire him for it. I have a friend who had a fairly high executive position in a corporate firm. In his soul he wanted to be a social worker. He went back to school at night, got his MSW @ 55, retired from the corporate world, and makes a lot less money but is happy as a clam. I applaud both their decisions... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I agree...he made his million$ playing football, now he's doing his real heart's desire and I admire him for it. I have a friend who had a fairly high executive position in a corporate firm. In his soul he wanted to be a social worker. He went back to school at night, got his MSW @ 55, retired from the corporate world, and makes a lot less money but is happy as a clam. I applaud both their decisions... Bc
    I firmly believe in doing what you love doing.