Page 3 of 194 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 2015 WR's To Watch

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Thought he already said he was staying in school? Just remember it because of the 2 x in his name.
    I thought you were probably right, so I looked it up to verify...and.......

He's declared.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/287353011.html

btw...check out that athleticism on that TD catch and run in that article

IMHO, depending on how he runs, he may be a late first, early second round guy...and IMHO, far and away the best TE prospect out there.

I like Funchess, but while TE is probably his best position, does he even want to be a TE or did he get a taste of the WR high life and not want to go back to gaining weight and having to block at times?

The more I watch O'Leary, the more I am just "meh" on. I mean he's a solid pass TE...I don't know really how much better he'd be than Gilmore honestly.

IMHO, the only 2 TE's that would be considered difference makers in the passing game are Williams and Funchess. Neither though may be worth a first round pick, but both probably will be off the board before our 2nd rounder.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

2015 WR's To Watch

Yeah I have that feeling also. BUT likely he goes before we pick anyway. He's ranked 3rd. Really I'm thinking more and more Strong is the guy. Love for the game. Can high point t he ball. And will fight for it. Really is that #1 we need. Really need someone else that can take the top off the D so he can do the dirty work but I think Joe would love him.

The only other guy I'm thinking is DGB. I know everyone is down on him but I'm sorry. You can't overlook that ability. If he's still there when we draft we BETTER take him. He has AJ Green even Megatron like ability. Just gotta keep his off the field stuff under control. Lock him in Harbaugh basement except for practice and game day I dunno. Or hand him to Suggs. Move him into your guest room and control him. I dunno. Some thing.
    Ability is one thing, but the Ravens are also a business and public opinion matters. What don't you understand about the off field issues with DGB basically making him updraftable for a lot of teams, especially the Ravens?

This is real easy. The Ravens have been lambasted by the public for standing behind a woman beater. They're not going to run out and draft another guy who was accused of throwing a girl down a set of steps.

More to the point, there are several other receivers who are just as good, if not better, than DGB and they don't come with a "woman beater" tag line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I thought you were probably right, so I looked it up to verify...and.......

He's declared.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/287353011.html

btw...check out that athleticism on that TD catch and run in that article

IMHO, depending on how he runs, he may be a late first, early second round guy...and IMHO, far and away the best TE prospect out there.

I like Funchess, but while TE is probably his best position, does he even want to be a TE or did he get a taste of the WR high life and not want to go back to gaining weight and having to block at times?

The more I watch O'Leary, the more I am just "meh" on. I mean he's a solid pass TE...I don't know really how much better he'd be than Gilmore honestly.

IMHO, the only 2 TE's that would be considered difference makers in the passing game are Williams and Funchess. Neither though may be worth a first round pick, but both probably will be off the board before our 2nd rounder.
    Gotcha. He has a ton of upside. I dunno, when it comes to TE ill trust Oz, and Kubes to do what they think is best. Personally we HAVE to get a #1. We cannot rely on OD for another year. Hell the guy might retire depending on how far we go lol. Ive said before Id welcome gresham here, or Cameron if Cleve lets him go. Thats best case scenario honestly. Worst case is well...ugly and no way does Kubes let that happen, not with how much he uses and loves TEs. Lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Ability is one thing, but the Ravens are also a business and public opinion matters. What don't you understand about the off field issues with DGB basically making him updraftable for a lot of teams, especially the Ravens?

This is real easy. The Ravens have been lambasted by the public for standing behind a woman beater. They're not going to run out and draft another guy who was accused of throwing a girl down a set of steps.

More to the point, there are several other receivers who are just as good, if not better, than DGB and they don't come with a "woman beater" tag line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And it really isnt going to be a big deal. How many guys coming out of college have big question marks and after the draft you never hear it again. Who was the kid that almsot got kicked right out of the NCAA and still caught on just a couple years ago, think he was a RB on pace for the heisman. Damn cant think of it, but there it is. Noone remembers. How about Burfict on the Bengals? Not a word about his off the field stuff after the draft and he even went undrafted( still pisses me off, we shouldve taken him in the 6th). Look at Dez Bryant even, noone says anyong about his domestic violence issue.

But regardless. Itll be buried in everything else on the draft. It wont even make the front page. Fact is no, Strong and Co dont have the skills that kid has. have you watched his tape, or seen him in games? Ill bet any amount of money youd like that he'll be a top tier WR by the end of his rookie year, be at least in consideration for rookie of the year, PROVIDED he goes to the right team.

Brother believe me, if we take Strong instead, and thats a possibility, i wont be upset. If we take a DE/OLB like Calhoun instead i wont be upset. But im telling you that kid is gonna be special, AJ, Dez, that level special. I want him for Joe.

Blog Entries

And it really isnt going to be a big deal. How many guys coming out of college have big question marks and after the draft you never hear it again. Who was the kid that almsot got kicked right out of the NCAA and still caught on just a couple years ago, think he was a RB on pace for the heisman. Damn cant think of it, but there it is. Noone remembers. How about Burfict on the Bengals? Not a word about his off the field stuff after the draft and he even went undrafted( still pisses me off, we shouldve taken him in the 6th). Look at Dez Bryant even, noone says anyong about his domestic violence issue.

But regardless. Itll be buried in everything else on the draft. It wont even make the front page. Fact is no, Strong and Co dont have the skills that kid has. have you watched his tape, or seen him in games? Ill bet any amount of money youd like that he'll be a top tier WR by the end of his rookie year, be at least in consideration for rookie of the year, PROVIDED he goes to the right team.

Brother believe me, if we take Strong instead, and thats a possibility, i wont be upset. If we take a DE/OLB like Calhoun instead i wont be upset. But im telling you that kid is gonna be special, AJ, Dez, that level special. I want him for Joe.
    I've watched several games where he played. He is physically impressive, no doubt about it. 6'6" 230lb receivers that can run don't grow on trees.

Vontaze Burfict? Can you definitively say that he was involved in off-field issues involving domestic violence/assault? I don't believe that happened. His issues were attitude and on-field issues; namely with the Arizona State coaching staff. That's well documented. I don't believe that he actually had any off-field issues.

Dez Bryant? He's not a Raven. And yea, you do still hear things about him beating on his mom.

Furthermore, neither Burfict nor Bryant were kicked off of their respective programs.

I mean, do you have any idea how hard it is to get kicked off of a D-1 program when you're a blue chip athlete? Da'Rick Rogers is a guy that comes to mind. Dude is talented, but he's a knucklehead and got kicked off of Tennessee's program. He's bounced around the league now and it isn't because he can't play, it's because no one wants to deal with his shit. He's a punk.

Now, I am not suggesting that Dorial Green-Beckham hasn't matured a bit since getting the boot from Missouri, but what I am telling you is that Ray Rice fucked the Ravens big time from drafting any player with questionable backgrounds that lie within the realm of assault/domestic violence/sexual assault/rape and so on.

Dorial Green-Beckham threw a girl down a flight of steps AFTER kicking in her door.

Who knows what else happened. He may have hit her too. The only reason he wasn't formally charged was because the girl didn't press charges.

What about that says the Ravens would be (or should be) interested?

Dude, I'm telling you, the Ravens aren't going to touch DGB with a 10 foot pole. I'd be surprised if they even interviewed him. DGB could go out there and run a 4.25 with a 60" vertical and 1-hand every pass thrown his way at the combine and the Ravens still wouldn't touch him.

As a matter of fact, I would go out on a limb and say that DGB may flat out be kryptonite for every team in the NFL because of how much they're cracking down on domestic violence. There is a very VERY strong likelihood that DGB goes undrafted.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I've watched several games where he played. He is physically impressive, no doubt about it. 6'6" 230lb receivers that can run don't grow on trees.

Vontaze Burfict? Can you definitively say that he was involved in off-field issues involving domestic violence/assault? I don't believe that happened. His issues were attitude and on-field issues; namely with the Arizona State coaching staff. That's well documented. I don't believe that he actually had any off-field issues.

Dez Bryant? He's not a Raven. And yea, you do still hear things about him beating on his mom.

Furthermore, neither Burfict nor Bryant were kicked off of their respective programs.

I mean, do you have any idea how hard it is to get kicked off of a D-1 program when you're a blue chip athlete? Da'Rick Rogers is a guy that comes to mind. Dude is talented, but he's a knucklehead and got kicked off of Tennessee's program. He's bounced around the league now and it isn't because he can't play, it's because no one wants to deal with his shit. He's a punk.

Now, I am not suggesting that Dorial Green-Beckham hasn't matured a bit since getting the boot from Missouri, but what I am telling you is that Ray Rice fucked the Ravens big time from drafting any player with questionable backgrounds that lie within the realm of assault/domestic violence/sexual assault/rape and so on.

Dorial Green-Beckham threw a girl down a flight of steps AFTER kicking in her door.

Who knows what else happened. He may have hit her too. The only reason he wasn't formally charged was because the girl didn't press charges.

What about that says the Ravens would be (or should be) interested?

Dude, I'm telling you, the Ravens aren't going to touch DGB with a 10 foot pole. I'd be surprised if they even interviewed him. DGB could go out there and run a 4.25 with a 60" vertical and 1-hand every pass thrown his way at the combine and the Ravens still wouldn't touch him.

As a matter of fact, I would go out on a limb and say that DGB may flat out be kryptonite for every team in the NFL because of how much they're cracking down on domestic violence. There is a very VERY strong likelihood that DGB goes undrafted.
    Totally agree...although I'd add that again, I love Justaslow's passion, but he's definitely in a Madden dreamworld it seems.

He's not going to be on the Ravens board at all.

If you thought the Ravens were particular about character before....you haven't seen anything yet.

In fact, I'd bet DGB is going to take a VERY far fall down virtually all teams boards after the domestic violence initiatives...he's going to immediately be zeroed in on as a POS by the media and whoever drafts him will be an enabling POS organization...and nobody wants that. He likely won't get drafted before the middle/end of round 4 at best.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Totally agree...although I'd add that again, I love Justaslow's passion, but he's definitely in a Madden dreamworld it seems.

If you thought the Ravens were particular about character before....you haven't seen anything yet.

In fact, I'd bet DGB is going to take a VERY far fall down virtually all teams boards after the domestic violence initiatives...he's going to immediately be zeroed in on as a POS by the media and whoever drafts him will be an enabling POS organization...and nobody wants that. He likely won't get drafted before the middle/end of round 4 at best.
    Exactly.

Everyone made a big deal about Michael Sam being a media distraction for teams because he is openly gay. That's not even a negative issue. Shit...imagine what is going to happen to the team that drafts a kid who threw a girl down some steps.

No thanks. Talk about a media circus.

The Ravens had enough of that this past year and they're not going to willingly subject themselves to that again.

Blog Entries

Sigh ok guys i conceded i concede lol. God damn Ray Rice. Ugh. Im telling you the guys gonna be a monster. And to be honest yes i am worried about it a bit, why i suggested in another thread maybe having Sizzle lock him in his basement under penalty of answering to Upshaw if he ever left lol.

And its not Madden. Havent played Madden in a rather long time. I just want playmakers for the team and to win games. I dont want boy scouts. I dont want idiots like Suh either.

Back to WRs, heres to hoping the Ravens take Strong in the 1st than. Unless Beasley or Calhoun fall to them, doubtfull.

Yeah, I think getting caught with a joint is about the most severe red flag we'll see the Ravens ignore in a prospect for a while. So no Marcus Peters, no DGB, no Devonte Fields, etc.

Blog Entries

Another guy I really like that I talked about last year is Matt Miller out of Boise State.

I think he is a slightly less athletic Jordy Nelson type of receiver. I've heard some scouts compare him to Eric Decker, which I think is fair, but by my estimation I'd say he is a bit quicker. 6'3" 220...probably a high 4.5/low 4.6 guy. Good hands. Good routes. Nice size for the red zone. I don't see him going higher than the 4th round. He could be a great value pick.

Blog Entries

Is he better than Brown, Aiken or Camp? ^ because honestly we dont need anymore depth. We already have guys that barely see the field. No sense in wasting a 5th on another WR thatll be shuffled to the bottom of the depth chart.

Blog Entries

Is he better than Brown, Aiken or Camp? ^ because honestly we dont need anymore depth. We already have guys that barely see the field. No sense in wasting a 5th on another WR thatll be shuffled to the bottom of the depth chart.
    I think your post (about WR Matt Miller) makes a lot of sense. The Ravens have had better luck using their 5th on Dline (Arthur Jones and McPhee) or Oline (Wagner and Urschel)... Bc