Page 1 of 194 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

2015 Players To Watch - NFL Draft Thread

Been watching some tape on different WR prospects...figured I'd toss my thoughts on them in here.

Dorial Green-Beckham, Oklahoma, 6'6" 230lbs.

He is a physical specimen with the same body type as guys like Megatron, Mike Evans, Andre Johnson, and Julio Jones. He has exceptionally long arms and a long stride. Faster than you'd think for a big guy and he has some wiggle to him after the catch. Right now I'd put him as a legitimate top-20 prospect, but his off field issues are a major concern and he has indicated he wants to return to Oklahoma next year. We'll see how he leans when folks start throwing around millions of dollars and his name. From a football perspective, I'm not sold on him as a route runner, however the athleticism is certainly there. The upside is astronomical, but he is a risky pick.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: 2015 WR's To Watch

I would stay away from DGB. He has the talent but the off the field issues will make certain teams stay away from him. In my opinion My favorite WR in the draft is Cooper, White, Coates, Strong, Greene, Diggs, and ECU wr. I know we do not have a chance to get Cooper and possibly White. And in your opinion who do you think Ozzie will love to have at WR and which prospect plays like a Raven?

Oner WR I'm wondering about these days is George Farmer from USC. The guy's been injured a ton in his career, missed more games than he's played in. But he's a burner with size: 6' 1 1/8" and 220 lbs. He can ever stay healthy he'd be a steal.

Vince+Mayle+Arizona+v+Washington+State+ioy-4JEEDu5l.jpg

Vince Mayle
    Wazzu
    6'3 219 (looks anywhere from 6'1+ to 6'3 on film)
    Stupid stats, but needs lots of work at first view.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...34/vince-mayle

Covered well by Utah prospect Eric Rowe, who looks better than Mayle in the game below. So keep him in mind too.
    http://draftbreakdown.com/video/vinc...-vs-utah-2014/

Serious build on this cat.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELVbbH8r0-Q

Invited to Senior bowl
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

If Ozzie drafts DGB, I would love it seeing as I think he's going to be good, but he was involved in a Domestic Violence case.. Not a good idea.

I like Justin Hardy. Legit tough dude with a chip on his shoulders and good hands.. Good pick in the third.

He would need to bulk up given he's only 190ish atm, but he can get open and has good hands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DevilOntheRun View Post
    If Ozzie drafts DGB, I would love it seeing as I think he's going to be good, but he was involved in a Domestic Violence case.. Not a good idea.

I like Justin Hardy. Legit tough dude with a chip on his shoulders and good hands.. Good pick in the third.

He would need to bulk up given he's only 190ish atm, but he can get open and has good hands.
    I like Justin Hardy quite a bit as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Josh Harper attracted me early last fall while watching Davante Adams.
    He's put together two excellent seasons under two different QBs.

Stat(market share of team)
    2014 - 86(30%) 1072(35%) 7(28%) --- passing offense fell way off post-Derek Carr
    2013 - 79(17%) 1011(20%) 13(26%) --- high volume offense under Carr

Here's what Scouts Inc. has to say...

Harper inc.JPG

I plan to watch quite a bit of him over the weekend.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Put me on the Justin Hardy bandwagon. Reminds me of Anquan Boldin.

Thinking about it, the ravens are in an unusual position with their wide receiver needs: they could use a #1 WR but don't need a #2 or a #3 or a #4 or a #5. Depth is not a problem here.

Blog Entries

Watching the AZ State game now. Just caught a beautiful pass. But he let it get into his body. Gonna have to watch more. Him or Hardy in the 2nd would be nice.

As for your original post. DGB is boom or bust. Hes gonna go in the first. And he might actually make it to us just because of that. But its hard to overlook his natural physical attributes. I dunno. Do we take the big chance and big swing and grab him in the 1st? Were either gonna have OMG that was a great pick or jesus hes a bust. IF guys like Calhoun or Beasley are off the table that means he would slide. Id almost. Almost take the swing and hope.

Edit: Strong is AZ St. In case people didnt know who i was talking about.

I like Strong, but unless he bombs in his workouts, he likely will be a late first rounder.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I like Strong, but unless he bombs in his workouts, he likely will be a late first rounder.
    Which might be when we are picking.

And not a WR but TE Maxx Williams is declaring. Given Kubiak's reliance on his TE's, you'd think the Ravens should look hard at him in rounds 2-3.