Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 2014 Mid-Term Elections

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Mitch McConnel says hello...
    Meh. I'm no fan of his but at least he won't table bills the way Reid did.

Bills are actually going to reach the Presidents desk now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Meh. I'm no fan of his but at least he won't table bills the way Reid did.

Bills are actually going to reach the Presidents desk now.
    well thats true, there will be a direct line now, like or not.

when McConnell outlined/suggested republicans be obstructionists as soon as Obama was elected and before he even started trying to implement his policies, its hard for me to say its someone elses fault.

McConnell is a lot that is wrong with politics today, imo. Hes playing an us vs them game rather than working together. Not saying you cant say that about some Democrats as well, but he seems to be a major leader in that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I know the NRA backed Hogan in Maryland, but what does that really mean?

Does anyone think Hogan will change 2nd Amendment issues in Maryland?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I know the NRA backed Hogan in Maryland, but what does that really mean?

Does anyone think Hogan will change 2nd Amendment issues in Maryland?
    Not much ..... No

I'm sitting here going county by county in MD. I cannot recall a time when so many registered Dems stayed home.

KKT had the same problem in 2002 but even she only lost by ~3 points.

HoCo in particular is really fascinating. VERY low turnout numbers in a county that's usually motivated no matter if it's a mid-term election or not.

Time to get vote Barbara and Cardin out of the Senate. Did not see them on any TV last night. Nor Marty and the great Mayor.

I'm sitting here going county by county in MD. I cannot recall a time when so many registered Dems stayed home.

KKT had the same problem in 2002 but even she only lost by ~3 points.

HoCo in particular is really fascinating. VERY low turnout numbers in a county that's usually motivated no matter if it's a mid-term election or not.
    There is a lot of apathy for even the hardcore democratic voters...there were a lot of Dems IMHO who felt like although they could never vote GOP, they also were so disgruntled with O'Malley/Brown that they just didn't vote.

The fact is that this state is just way overtaxed and O'Malley/Brown just went to the tax well too many times...they taxed democrats into total apathy and resentment.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Not much ..... No
    Hogan is a GOP moderate or RHINO but that's better than a liberal
    DEM to the gun people, I suppose.

Looks like a light turnout aided Hogan. That was the DEMs way of
    saying they didnt like O' GUV.

2014 Mid-Term Elections

Quote Originally Posted by Section 120 View View Post
    Time to get vote Barbara and Cardin out of the Senate. Did not see them on any TV last night. Nor Marty and the great Mayor.
    Those two are NEVER going to be voted out of office.

MoM is very unpopular so it made sense he wasn't on TV.

Why would the Mayor be on TV? She's unpopular as well and not running for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    There is a lot of apathy for even the hardcore democratic voters...there were a lot of Dems IMHO who felt like although they could never vote GOP, they also were so disgruntled with O'Malley/Brown that they just didn't vote.

The fact is that this state is just way overtaxed and O'Malley/Brown just went to the tax well too many times...they taxed democrats into total apathy and resentment.
    Agreed.

And I read somewhere that Brown was actually on record saying he'd continue O'Malley's policies? That's some shitty campaign rhetoric right there.

Everyone knew this was an anti-incumbent race. He needed to move away from MoM, not get closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 120 View View Post
    Good luck with that.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Agreed.

And I read somewhere that Brown was actually on record saying he'd continue O'Malley's policies? That's some shitty campaign rhetoric right there.

Everyone knew this was an anti-incumbent race. He needed to move away from MoM, not get closer.
    I think he kinda felt he had to say that considering he was O'Malley's man. He never really had O'Malley out there campaigning for him like you would have expected, I think on the whole, he actually did try to distance himself, but struggled because he was handpicked by O'Malley and didn't want to really hang him out there to dry so to speak.