Page 150 of 150 FirstFirst ... 148149150
Results 1,789 to 1,798 of 1798

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Steelers 10/2

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    That loss last week to the Bengals was HUGE.May have set the tone for the rest of the season.Hope not.
    I think the tone is set. Too many division losses, and all the other teams in the afc north are over .500.

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Steelers 10/2

This is the Colts game again - turnovers killing our momentum. 2 consecutive turn overs to make a free 14 points. That changes the game entirely.

Schematic failures too. Kubiak needs to adjust to pressure better. The lack of shotgun baffled me. Lack of blitz beating routes. Not as many stretch runs as I'd have thought - lots of up the middle stuff. Forsett is fast on the edge. He and Taliaferro also do great in a dump-off role. I think that could have really kept the blitz in check.

Pees got figured out early. He had three consecutive sacks and then they simply adjusted and Ben remained fairly clean. And he needs to tell his players not to overcommit - we could have had a few interceptions.

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Steelers 11/2

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    fuck all this sky is falling shit!!! lets wait till the season is over. i bet i could dig up some old post from the year we won the Lombardi where yall were talking that same shit
    Hell, yes. After the home loss to the Broncos in the 2nd half of the season. You know, the one where he threw the 100 yard pick right before the half. Ended with that historic SB run. Not saying that will happen this time, but you never know. Just have to let the season play out.

We got practically 0 YAC, Pitt had recievers in space all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    Hell, yes. After the home loss to the Broncos in the 2nd half of the season. You know, the one where he threw the 100 yard pick right before the half. Ended with that historic SB run. Not saying that will happen this time, but you never know. Just have to let the season play out.
    I doubt it. I actually believed in that team. This team is a paper tiger

Blog Entries

i said the same thing....that was a bad lose with some players out at home. this is a bad loss with jimmy out on the road. Not to mention no one is talking about the fact that these cats are acting like they just won the superbowl. like we one did when we were at the bottom. the steelers know what the deal is and i truly believe this whole division is wide open up for grabs still.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    To do that the Ravens have to run the table and hope and pray that the Bengals lose three more games with all three coming in the division.

The Ravens could be the 2008 Pats with 11 wins and no playoffs.

The Ravens though aren't beating the Dolphins or Saints on the road so its a moot point. Heck they probably won't beat the Texans.

9-7 and out of the playoffs.

This team has to find leadership and someway to get this offense going when things aren't going right.
    I'd almost guarantee 11 wins means playoffs, but that ain't happening. The AFC North is all but dead imo. 2 losses to Cincy killed us. Them or Pitt is winning it and the other is likely the 1st wild card. My guess is we end up 10-6 with a shot at the last wild card in week 17 when we play Cle at home. Wouldn't surprise me to see us both 9-6 and playing for a possible playoff spot in week 17. However, I'd bet there will be other teams in the mix as well. What will end up mattering is how we fare vs SD, Mia and Hou, as I'd bet those teams will be in the hunt as well. The Ravens need those tiebreaker victories.

Ironically the game we can most afford to lose is the one I'm pretty sure we will lose, @NO, as they are a NFC opponent with whom we won't be competing for a playoff spot. The season isn't lost, but it's on life support. Something is wrong with this team right now, other than the obviously shitty secondary, and has to be identified and fixed. If that happens, then this is shaping up as a typical Ravens season, where they make things hard on themselves, and us, but quite possibly sneak into the playoffs and roll the dice from there. So far, they don't deserve anything more than that.

Blog Entries

There are still some twists and turns ahead. Nobody in this division has anything wrapped up. Nobody has any reason to bail on this season. Still a lot to see here yet. I just want to see this team improve and play well. If that happens, we'll be right in the thick of it till the very end.

Blog Entries

I'd almost guarantee 11 wins means playoffs, but that ain't happening. The AFC North is all but dead imo. 2 losses to Cincy killed us. Them or Pitt is winning it and the other is likely the 1st wild card. My guess is we end up 10-6 with a shot at the last wild card in week 17 when we play Cle at home. Wouldn't surprise me to see us both 9-6 and playing for a possible playoff spot in week 17. However, I'd bet there will be other teams in the mix as well. What will end up mattering is how we fare vs SD, Mia and Hou, as I'd bet those teams will be in the hunt as well. The Ravens need those tiebreaker victories.

Ironically the game we can most afford to lose is the one I'm pretty sure we will lose, @NO, as they are a NFC opponent with whom we won't be competing for a playoff spot. The season isn't lost, but it's on life support. Something is wrong with this team right now, other than the obviously shitty secondary, and has to be identified and fixed. If that happens, then this is shaping up as a typical Ravens season, where they make things hard on themselves, and us, but quite possibly sneak into the playoffs and roll the dice from there. So far, they don't deserve anything more than that.
    Cincy has 4 AFCN games left and play the last 5 of 7 games on the road.

They could easily stumble.

And even after tonight's loss - we still split with Pitt - and they just fed on their own 3 game homestand.

Few teams are the same at home as they are on the road.

People are making longterm projections based on short term scheduling quirks.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Cincy has 4 AFCN games left and play the last 5 of 7 games on the road.

They could easily stumble.

And even after tonight's loss - we still split with Pitt - and they just fed on their own 3 game homestand.

Few teams are the same at home as they are on the road.

People are making longterm projections based on short term scheduling quirks.
    I don't disagree. Just saying that if I had to guess the 2nd wild card is what I would say. It's less of projection and more of an imagined scenario. I do agree that Cincy is a good candidate for a stumble based on their schedule. Plus, they have that unsightly tie. It's not inconceivable that they could finish behind us and the 2 losses don't hurt us as much. Pitt on the other hand is well positioned imo. I can easily see them going 11-5. Admittedly, it's all still pretty much up in the air. The Ravens could definitely still make the postseason, but I'd take bets against them winning the North.