Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Matchup of the Game: Big Whit vs. T-Sizzle

As Bengals offensive line coach Paul Alexander says, “If you don’t have tackles, you don’t beat Baltimore. You don’t win the game.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...5-f18cbd4fd4ff
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Re: Matchup of the Game: Big Whit vs. T-Sizzle

With all the stunting that the Ravens have been doing recently you better watch out for Suggs coming inside against your Guards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    With all the stunting that the Ravens have been doing recently you better watch out for Suggs coming inside against your Guards.
    He's a Beast. Will be fun watching that battle.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I agree, without a totally talented O-line, you have to deal with McPhee playing DT on 3rd and long and then there are stunts. The Bengals are certainly capable of handling that, but this isn't the same teams from week 1 by no means.

Is it T-Sizzle (1.5 sacks) they should be worried about or Doom (7 sacks)?

I'm not going to expect much success against Whitworth, he's a beast. The Ravens have the #1 pass rush in the NFL after a slow start, but the Bengals are one of the best OLs in football. I'm expecting they'll try to rattle Dalton, and if their best receiver doesn't play, they'll throw more blitzes at them.

Load the box, spy Bernard with Mosley on every play, and go press man everywhere with Will Hill the deep guy in Cover-1. Overload blitzes, A-gap blitzes, send the kitchen sink at Dalton particularly up the middle. Honestly I wouldn't focus that much on the edge rush. Whitworth usually handles Suggs and Andre Smith is playing lights out at RT. The key to this game is going to be attacking Cincy's weak guard and center play.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Load the box, spy Bernard with Mosley on every play, and go press man everywhere with Will Hill the deep guy in Cover-1. Overload blitzes, A-gap blitzes, send the kitchen sink at Dalton particularly up the middle. Honestly I wouldn't focus that much on the edge rush. Whitworth usually handles Suggs and Andre Smith is playing lights out at RT. The key to this game is going to be attacking Cincy's weak guard and center play.
    Smith had a terrible game against the Colts, my hope is that trend continues but I doubt it.

Whitworth is the most underrated LT in the NFL. Suggs usually struggles against him. I say the better match up is Smith vs Doom. And as others have said, expect more stunts and overloads over the C.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    It usually isn't Suggs that they worry about. As has already been stated, Whitworth usually handles Suggs very well. Pees is going to have to get creative and move guys around. B.Williams, Ngata and McPhhe have been getting a lot of push up the middle the last few weeks, albeit against much less talented O-lines than the Bengals have. I can see them moving Sizzle and doom around and trying to confuse the center and guards, with delayed stunts and blitzes in order to generate some pressure, but Dalton hasn't been sacked much this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    A lot of the sacks that Doom gets start with pressure from Suggs. Those 2 are a great combination.

Blog Entries
    Suggs has 2.5 sacks not 1.5, and more pressures than any 3-4 OLB in the league.