Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: *TNF* Chargers @ Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    BTW, the "Manning playing poorly in cold weather" meme is a myth ....

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...reams?v=1&vc=1
    You are absolutely right, and you might as well just say the "Manning playing poorly..." meme is ALWAYS a myth.

I do not, and have never, understood the endless need to pooh-pooh Peyton Manning. He is a generational player and absolutely in the conversation for best PLAYER, not just best quarterback in NFL history.

You can slice and dice his stats any way you want to, and you'll never find the "secret" to why he isn't actually very good--because that's BS. He's not perfect, since no player is, but he is an incredible player under any circumstances. Simply give the man his credit when it's due and relish beating him when you can.

I was very impressed by San Diego prior to today, but their game plan so far has been absolutely mystifying.

Everyone knows Manning will get his, but they've basically allowed his receivers to run free unchallenged at the line and really generated no pass rush. On offense, they are playing scared, confused, and way too conservative. They keep dumping the ball off even though Denver is spying their RB.

Getting crushed by Denver might send San Diego down the tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    BTW, the "Manning playing poorly in cold weather" meme is a myth ....

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...reams?v=1&vc=1
    I was living in Denver when we played him in 2012. Peyton did everything in his power to prepare for the cold from everything I read in the local news. Ultimately he threw the interception to seal the victory for us. QBR was sub Flacco. At the time I was laying lumber to a Broncos fan, a few months later I relocated. Such is life, it's just a game, life goes on.

Peyton is already in the discussion as the GOAT. Maybe it's not the cold, maybe it's the pressure of the payoffs. is there a more successful QB with just one SB victory?

Blog Entries

Rivers INT coming up.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

San Diego is just getting brutally outcoached and Rivers is clearly rattled.

I would have loved to have Gates with us throughout his career.

BS call. That was an interception.

It's a treat to watch Manning play, real football fans love to see him guide the team down the field. It's always nice to see him crush opposing defenses. On the rare occasion he does screw up, well it's nice to see that too. When Denver loses, definitely something to cheer about, because it doesn't happen a lot. Ravens beating them several years ago was special and now in the history books. But Manning continues to play effortlessly and seems to be getting better with his broncos. Going to take a special team to beat them in this years post season, hear that Pees, Kubiak and Harbaugh. No sense hating Manning, he is still on the field. Can't wait to see him retire, the media will not know what to do (just kidding, the media will find someone else to fawn over).

Blog Entries

That call against the Chargers was bullshit.

And yes Peyton is a hell of a lot of fun to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    It's a treat to watch Manning play, real football fans love to see him guide the team down the field. It's always nice to see him crush opposing defenses. On the rare occasion he does screw up, well it's nice to see that too. When Denver loses, definitely something to cheer about, because it doesn't happen a lot. Ravens beating them several years ago was special and now in the history books. But Manning continues to play effortlessly and seems to be getting better with his broncos. Going to take a special team to beat them in this years post season, hear that Pees, Kubiak and Harbaugh. No sense hating Manning, he is still on the field. Can't wait to see him retire, the media will not know what to do (just kidding, the media will find someone else to fawn over).
    Peyton is an awesome guy on several levels. Impossible to hate on him, why would you suggest that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I would have loved to have Gates with us throughout his career.
    You are correct on Gates. Great player.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Peyton is already in the discussion as the GOAT. Maybe it's not the cold, maybe it's the pressure of the payoffs. is there a more successful QB with just one SB victory?
    Well no, because there is no more successful QB than Peyton Manning. But there are some pretty damn successful QBs with one or fewer SB win, though. Some of them are:
    • Dan Marino
    • Jim Kelly
    • Dan Fouts
    • Warren Moon
    • Fran Tarkenton
    • Joe Namath
    • Steve Young (as starter, of course)

Peyton is better than all of these guys.
    (The only one I would even hesitate over is Steve Young: and that's just because Young's mobility gives him a dimension that Manning can't touch, while still being a great passer. But I think ultimately you'd rather have Peyton.)

Is there a reason to rank anyone else ahead of Manning? Just because some QB got to play with Emmitt Smith, or Terrell Davis, or the the great Belichick defenses of 2001 to 2004 – how does that have anything to do with being a great QB?