Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 59
  1. #13

    Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    I'd be all about Gordon in the 20s. Excellent value there.

    It is a very good RB year though, so that has to be taken into consideration. David Cobb is a later round guy I bet the scouting department is interested in. Very similar style to one Ray Rice.

    As far as needs, I'd rank them as follows: Pass rusher, RB, CB (depending on Webb), TE, WR

    In the 20-30 range, where I'd expect the Ravens to pick, I'd target (in no order): Devin Funchess, Vic Beasley, Melvin Gordon, Dante Fowler, Shane Ray, Trae Waynes, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, and Ty Montgomery.





  2. #14

    Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    I'd be all about Gordon in the 20s. Excellent value there.

    It is a very good RB year though, so that has to be taken into consideration. David Cobb is a later round guy I bet the scouting department is interested in. Very similar style to one Ray Rice.

    As far as needs, I'd rank them as follows: Pass rusher, RB, CB (depending on Webb), TE, WR

    In the 20-30 range, where I'd expect the Ravens to pick, I'd target (in no order): Devin Funchess, Vic Beasley, Melvin Gordon, Dante Fowler, Shane Ray, Trae Waynes, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, and Ty Montgomery.
    Melvin Gordon has tantalizing talent but I'm not totally convinced. He's not going to be able to get 60% of his yards on jet sweeps in the NFL. I'm not saying he won't pan out in the NFL--I find it hard to see him not being at least a credible NFL starter--but I think other backs in the class have game that more convincingly translates to the pro level.

    Duke Johnson is a guy I was thinking would be available in the 3rd, but his play thus far might demand bumping him up into the 2nd. I think he compares favorably to Giovani Bernard and would be a fantastic fit for us.

    I would be over the moon with either of the CBs you cited though. Ekpre-Olomu is going to be an NFL star. I hope he measures in under 5'10 at the Combine and drops to our pick in the 20s. I think he has top-15 level talent, but will get dinged for size by the dumber NFL teams.





  3. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    52,756
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Melvin Gordon has tantalizing talent but I'm not totally convinced. He's not going to be able to get 60% of his yards on jet sweeps in the NFL. I'm not saying he won't pan out in the NFL--I find it hard to see him not being at least a credible NFL starter--but I think other backs in the class have game that more convincingly translates to the pro level.

    Duke Johnson is a guy I was thinking would be available in the 3rd, but his play thus far might demand bumping him up into the 2nd. I think he compares favorably to Giovani Bernard and would be a fantastic fit for us.

    I would be over the moon with either of the CBs you cited though. Ekpre-Olomu is going to be an NFL star. I hope he measures in under 5'10 at the Combine and drops to our pick in the 20s. I think he has top-15 level talent, but will get dinged for size by the dumber NFL teams.
    I haven't followed Ekpre-Olomu that much this season, but from what I've read he hasn't been all that impressive. There is a very good possibility he drops pretty far into the later parts of round 1.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  4. #16

    Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    "___________ is one of the best RB prospects for 2015 IMO b/c while he may only be a 4.55 guy; he's incredibly tough, has excellent vision, and can definitely contribute in the passing game."


    Does anyone fill in this blank?
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 10-29-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

    Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

    @BigPlayReceiver





  5. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    52,756
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    "___________ is one of the best RB prospects for 2015 IMO b/c while he may only be a 4.55 guy; he's incredibly tough, has excellent vision, and can definitely contribute in the passing game."


    Does anyone fill in this blank?
    Probably Mike Davis out of South Carolina.

    TJ Yeldon is also someone I think could be a good fit in the WCO/Stretch Zone. I don't see either of those two guys being round-1 backs either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  6. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    52,756
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    Javorious Allen out of USC might also be an interesting guy.

    6'1" 220lbs with decent speed.

    Someone above mentioned Cobb out of Minnesota and that guy is churning out some serious yards, but they are beating the brakes off of him. He's a power back too, so he takes some hits. He kind of reminds me of Terrance West in a way.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  7. #19

    Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    Cool, thanks.
    I'll take a look at these guys when I can.

    How about the Nebraska fella, Abdullah?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

    Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

    @BigPlayReceiver





  8. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    52,756
    Blog Entries
    4

    I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Cool, thanks.
    I'll take a look at these guys when I can.

    How about the Nebraska fella, Abdullah?
    Good player. I don't see a feature back though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  9. #21

    Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    Gurley fills that blank too, but can't see him being an option.





  10. #22

    Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Melvin Gordon has tantalizing talent but I'm not totally convinced. He's not going to be able to get 60% of his yards on jet sweeps in the NFL. I'm not saying he won't pan out in the NFL--I find it hard to see him not being at least a credible NFL starter--but I think other backs in the class have game that more convincingly translates to the pro level.

    Duke Johnson is a guy I was thinking would be available in the 3rd, but his play thus far might demand bumping him up into the 2nd. I think he compares favorably to Giovani Bernard and would be a fantastic fit for us.

    I would be over the moon with either of the CBs you cited though. Ekpre-Olomu is going to be an NFL star. I hope he measures in under 5'10 at the Combine and drops to our pick in the 20s. I think he has top-15 level talent, but will get dinged for size by the dumber NFL teams.
    IEO is already being dinged for the size (and non-dominance) by various scouting sites. I've seen him ranked as a round 2 guy in some. A nice sleeper at CB who I'm guessing will climb draft boards further in the process is Gary Peters at Clemson. He's been awesome (along with Mackenzie Alexander, a redshirt freshman who's got 2016 first rounder written all over him).





  11. #23

    Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    This article caught my attention http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-arian-foster - an Arian Foster clone would be pretty good in this offense.

    Has anyone seen him play?





  12. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    52,756
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

    Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post
    This article caught my attention http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-arian-foster - an Arian Foster clone would be pretty good in this offense.

    Has anyone seen him play?
    I cant say that I have seen him play. Might be worth a late rounder flier.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site