Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

looks more like his LCL and possibly his ACL/meniscus (LCL never tears by itself). You can tell its his LCL because his knee buckles inward, tearing the ligament on the outside of the knee (LCL - lateral collateral ligament). Tore my LCL and meniscus last fall, much trickier surgery than say ACL/PCL. Involves re-attaching the ligament on the lateral (outside-part) of the knee with screws on both the tibia and femur. My surgeon (Notre Dame's orthopedic surgeon) said the only time they ever do that surgery is for athletes because the recovery is rather strenuous and currently unprecedented, thus not really worth the surgery unless its dire to patients future. I wish him all the best.

hey Ursula. i havent watched a lot of Oregon football this year (i am on sabbatical in Ireland, the west coast games are a pain to stay up for). What are you thoughts on Ifo Ekpre-Olomu? At the beginning of the year he was thought to be a top 10 pick...but it seems like people have weathered on him. Any particular reason?

Its killing me missing the NCAA season this year. I can only really schedule to watch UMD and ND being 5 hours ahead.

Can't believe you jinxed the kid like that Wicked. Damn.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Gato_Papi View Post
    hey Ursula. i havent watched a lot of Oregon football this year (i am on sabbatical in Ireland, the west coast games are a pain to stay up for). What are you thoughts on Ifo Ekpre-Olomu? At the beginning of the year he was thought to be a top 10 pick...but it seems like people have weathered on him. Any particular reason?

Its killing me missing the NCAA season this year. I can only really schedule to watch UMD and ND being 5 hours ahead.
    Ifo- a LOT like Webb. I think will become a good slot CB and a starter on the outside in a base defense. Not sure if he's a 1st rounder though. He (and the whole team) difficult for me to evaluate because the Oregon coaching, especially on the defensive side, is poor. Ifo had a difficult couple of games early in the season and gave up a couple of TDs, but he's been improving. Very flexible hips. Good enough but not great speed.

So I dunno...jury's out still. For his small size (5'9") he's good vs the run. Honestly I see his potential as high as Webb at his best. But he's not there yet. Folks looking west should check out Steven Nelson on a bad Oregon State team. Probably a mid-round CB and underrated for rounds 3 or 4.

I'd like us to try as best as possible to only draft corners 5-11 and above from here on out.

I know that won't necessarily be possible, but with the size of these receivers (and TE's who split out wide from time to time), the small corners are just at such a disadvantage.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'd like us to try as best as possible to only draft corners 5-11 and above from here on out.

I know that won't necessarily be possible, but with the size of these receivers (and TE's who split out wide from time to time), the small corners are just at such a disadvantage.
    Absolutely.

Plus, if you have a taller corner, they don't necessarily need to be stupid fast. As long as they play with good position and have a good understanding of what the offense is trying to do, they can put themselves in position to make plays on the ball when it comes to them.

Especially considering that many offenses are using much bigger receivers out of the slot now. Jordan Matthews up in Philly (6'2" 215lbs), Marques Colston (6'4"), and so on are all running a majority of their routes out of the slot. Historically, nickel corners have been smaller (5'9", 5'10" and 180-190lbs), so that is a total mismatch when you look at the height/weight variances.

That's why in this coming draft I'm pretty high on Trae Waynes out of Michigan State (6'1" 185lbs) and Alex Carter out of Stanford (6' 200lbs).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    But what's the deal with him getting kicked off the team? Local papers describe him as always mouthing off at the coaches and they finally had too much. Considering that behind him on U-Dub are just three freshman scholarship CBs, him getting kicked off the team is potentially a red flag.
    Well, he wouldn't be the first star player to be booted off their team.

Look at Janoris Jenkins.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Anyone watching what Melvin Gordon is doing to Nebraska? 381 yards through 3 quarters.

Correction: 408 through 3 quarters, breaking LT's single game record.
    Last edited by Mizerooskie; 11-15-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Anyone watching what Melvin Gordon is doing to Nebraska? 381 yards through 3 quarters.

Correction: 408 through 3 quarters, breaking LT's single game record.
    yes im watching

these are the 2 RBs i want the most in the draft so i wasnt gonna miss this game

Gordon is beasting and will be a great every down back in the league but i still like Adallah a little more

edit: hes at 408 rushing yards now...WOW

Blog Entries

coach Hammock is probably in Ozzies office right now begging him to draft Gordon in May lol

And Gurley tears his ACL. Hard to see him still being a first rounder now. Boosts Gordon's stock.

BTW- I really didn't like Abdullah's pass blocking yesterday.