Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

I love Justin Forsett, but if we could land this guy it would be huge. Getting rid of a major need early would do the trick for Ozzie and company.

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/nfl-draf...fl-mock-draft/

Who would you like to see the Ravens draft?

Re: I would love this draft for the Ravens, Who do you want?

Why the hell are we discussing the upcoming draft when we're currently in first place in the AFC North????

Blog Entries

Id agree a little early for draft talk, trying to win a championship here.

that said, I just dont see the point in drafting a RB that early unless theyre the next Adrian Peterson without a doubt (which is impossible). Better off taking the Rices, Charles, Fortes, Murrays or Fosters of the world and invest at most a 2nd rounder and thats highly questionable as a need imo. Rice has been replaced by a retread, injury prone 3rd rounder and a rookie 4th rounder. I think we can continue that and use the early draft picks for positions we truly need (CB, WR, Pass rushing OLB).
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Oh I dunno if it's too early. I was looking at mock drafts the other day too. Most have is taking a RB first round. Most explanations are because of Ray Rice. These guys don't really look at internals or anytjing until we get closer and people actually start paying attention to them.

That being said. I also don't see any way we go RB in the 1st unless it's the heisman winner lol. And even than not sure if we do. BUT if the Heisman winner does by chance make it into the very high 20s or hopefully 32 than maybe we would.

But in the real world we need a OLB to replace Suggs. That and a DB. So either or whichever is better in the 1st and take the other in the 2nd. After that WR(unfortunatly we missed the boat on the deepest WR class in history) or RB or TE. Whomever is best at one of those positions. 4th should be to double up on DB without a doubt. Than after that take some flyers on guys. Whomever they like doesn't matter what position.

Blog Entries

LMAO at Dallas with the 32nd pick... and no way we take a RB in the first round or likely any other team. OK maybe Dallas at 32 ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm sorry I didn't know that the Ravens season was over with, it's clearly appropriate to talk about the draft in October when the team is currently in first place in the AFC North.

I'm moving this to the draft forum...however, some of us are draft junkies and we pay attention to the draft year round. Some of you rely on board members for info like Wicked at draft time...well, guess what, he, along with others like me are constantly thinking and forming opinions on it year round.

No need to be snarky guys...some of us can fully enjoy the Ravens season and also be involved with draft talk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'm moving this to the draft forum...however, some of us are draft junkies and we pay attention to the draft year round. Some of you rely on board members for info like Wicked at draft time...well, guess what, he, along with others like me are constantly thinking and forming opinions on it year round.

No need to be snarky guys...some of us can fully enjoy the Ravens season and also be involved with draft talk.

:word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Indeed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I can definitely see the Ravens picking a RB somewhere in the first three rounds-if the right one is available. Even if the team re-signs Forsett.

Personally, I have a hard time taking a RB in the first although I really like Gordon. I think CB, TE, another pass rusher...and you canyou can always use depth on the lines...would be higher on my list than RB.

I'm telling you guys...I'd aim for Duke Johnson in the 3rd if he lasts. Anybody watch him run all over VTech last night?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

If the season ended today? Tight End, DB or OLB. I'm hoping Daniels can come back from this procedure and last the rest of the season, but no way they can count on him for next season. He's been a good pick up for our team, but getting up there in age for a dude with his history of injuries.

As for Pitta... I don't see how he will be able to come back and play on that hip again? Not after watching him go down untouched like that. Assuming he can play again? I wouldn't feel good counting on him to the point of passing up a good prospect or free agent. Tight End is a necessity either in the early rounds of the draft or free agency.

Webb is another unknown with his high cap number and injury history and Suggs and Doom aren't getting younger.

Right now I want to see what Gilmore can do, not mention Will Hill, and Webbs potential to stay healthy and get better each week. Hence forth... Back to the regular season and the Bengals on Sunday. These things will sort themselves out when the time comes.

I just hope there's some money left for Torrey and Pernell after Mr "gimme some more" Rice gets his loot!
    Last edited by Stone; 10-25-2014 at 12:09 AM.
    "How do we know he is not Mel Tormé?"