Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ravens Red Meat (Bengals v. Colts report card)

Seriously, the Ravens should just lay around and rest all week. Nothing to fear here.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/blog...acle/17600523/

Not since Akili Smith attempted to take on the 2000 Ravens defense have the Bengals produced an offensive debacle reaching this level of futility. They opened the game with eight consecutive three-and-outs. Not only that, they couldn't even sniff a first down. At the end of the day, they averaged third-and-8.2 while converting just one of 13 third-down attempts.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Red Meat (Bengals v. Colts report card)

Not to add to your woes CC, but I checked the box score and the Bengals didn't have a single turnover.
    That shows real offensive weakness... Bc

"Indianapolis sat on all the screens and short passes like they knew what was coming next every time."

Doesn't this sound a little bit curious? Didn't the Ravens say the same thing after their game?

It's a divisional road game. Trust me, nothing is given here. And the Bengals will be out for blood after getting embarrassed. This game will not be easy for either team.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Seriously, the Ravens should just lay around and rest all week. Nothing to fear here.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/blog...acle/17600523/

Not since Akili Smith attempted to take on the 2000 Ravens defense have the Bengals produced an offensive debacle reaching this level of futility. They opened the game with eight consecutive three-and-outs. Not only that, they couldn't even sniff a first down. At the end of the day, they averaged third-and-8.2 while converting just one of 13 third-down attempts.

The first sentence is hilarious and sooo true LOL.

I feel for you man. The offense looked promising starting out this year, but maybe once Green returns, all will be well again. I am extremely jealous of the talent depth you have at certain positions, but it just doesnt seem to be working as a unit. That Terrance Newman whiff is a benchable offense, WTF.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    ... but maybe once Green returns, all will be well again.
    I wouldn't bank on one guy... Ravens lost their #1 RB (Rice), #1 TE (Pitta), and recently the left side of their Oline (KO and Monroe), but are still putting points on the board... Bc

Blog Entries

The Ravens lost to Jacksonville in 2011. If I recall they didn't get a 1st down until the 3rd quarter. Every team lays an egg once or twice a year.

This game Sunday could very well be for the division. Both the Ravens and Bengals have very winnable games after this Sunday - except Bengals still play Denver and the Ravens play San Diego.

I expect this to be one the Ravens toughest games this year.

I know what you are doing here, CC. Just trying to get us to sleep on this one, so we are crying in our beer when we get smacked around on Sunday. That whole Trojan Horse thing.

As with any other AFC North meeting I expect it to be hard-fought and blood-and-guts (break out the goggles). I expect the Defense to come hard at Joe and stir up the coverages and assignments. I do not expect an easy contest against anybody in this Division.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    The first sentence is hilarious and sooo true LOL.

I feel for you man. The offense looked promising starting out this year, but maybe once Green returns, all will be well again. I am extremely jealous of the talent depth you have at certain positions, but it just doesnt seem to be working as a unit. That Terrance Newman whiff is a benchable offense, WTF.
    Craziest part of that is Newman has played lights out this season. That play totally shocked me.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    It's a divisional road game. Trust me, nothing is given here. And the Bengals will be out for blood after getting embarrassed. This game will not be easy for either team.
    I couldn't agree more.Cincy is a good team and those are the ones who usually rebound after a game in which they are embarrassed.

What is the injury situation, did Cincy lose a few guys yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulahoo View Post
    "Indianapolis sat on all the screens and short passes like they knew what was coming next every time."

Doesn't this sound a little bit curious? Didn't the Ravens say the same thing after their game?
    I don't know if they said it but it was like they knew what was coming and were in our backfield every play...