Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This forum's power rankings

I'm curious where this forum would rank the Ravens right now in the power rankings. I think we've been playing some pretty weak teams in the NFC South. But you play the hand you're dealt. Where would you rank the Ravens right now?

Re: This forum's power rankings

Top 4.

Denver 1
    Dallas 2
    Arizona 3
    Us 4

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBird View Post
    Top 4.

Denver 1
    Dallas 2
    Arizona 3
    Us 4
    I think you have to have Indy ahead of the Ravens at this point, and maybe even Philly. I think we're in that 6-10 range with GB, DET, SD & NE. I would put us 7th behind GB, but could move up with a win next week @ CIN.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

1. Denver
    2. Dallas
    3. Irsay's franchise
    4. Philly
    5. Green Bay
    6. Baltimore
    7. New England
    8. Arizona
    9. San Diego
    10. Detroit
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Just looking at teams with winning records ...

1 Broncos - Wins over Colts, Cardinals, and 49ers, though all of those were at home.

2 Cardinals - They're 5-1 and they've only had their starting QB for half of those games!

3 Colts - 5 wins in a row. Two season opening losses came against teams that are now 5-1.

4 Eagles - Soft schedule so far, but 5-1 is still pretty great. They did beat the Colts.

5 Cowboys - No wins against teams with winning records, but at 6-1 they're clearly better than everyone thought (myself included).

6 Lions - No Megatron, no problem.

7 Ravens - 0 wins against winning teams, but Baltimore has the league's best point differential.

8 Patriots - Their offense is clicking again.

9 49ers - Very tough schedule so far, but they're still over .500, including wins over the 10 Eagles and Cowboys. Their next 4 games are very winnable.

10 Chargers - Just lost to the mediocre Chiefs at home. Three of their wins are against the Jags, Jets, and Raiders.

11 Packers - 0 wins against winning teams.

12 Bengals - Their 3 game slide includes road games against the Patriots and Colts, both 5-2. I think this is still a good team, but clearly they're not at the top ... at least not without AJ Green.

Blog Entries

1. Broncos
    2. Colts
    3. Ravens
    4. Eagles
    5. Cowboys
    6. Lions
    7. Chargers
    8. Packers
    9. Cardinals
    10. 49ers

3 - 9 all interchangeable.

Blog Entries

Dallas is the best team in the league, I would put the Ravens 4th in the AFC behind Denver, Indy, and SD. Beat the Bengals on the road and I'll put the Ravens as the second best.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I'd put them around 4 or 5. Consistency is still an issue, but it's getting better.

I'm not sold on Philly, and I'm not convinced the Colts are better - remember we played them very close at their place, and were a couple of dropped passes and stupid coaching decision from winning, I think if the game is at M&T, the Ravens win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    1. Denver
    2. Dallas
    3. Irsay's franchise
    4. Philly
    5. Green Bay
    6. Baltimore
    7. New England
    8. Arizona
    9. San Diego
    10. Detroit
    Yea I like that list. seems pretty solid. I might be tempted to switch GB and Philly on that list.
    I am not a believer in the Cowboys though right now on record alone they deserve the #2 spot. Interesting stat...last year they gave up 6.1 yds per play, this year.....6.1 yds per play. Difference is they are running the ball so less plays against. Sooner or later that D will catch up to them though.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

"Ravens - 0 wins against winning teams"

I know we don't pick our schedule, but this is alarming. We haven't beat the two teams with winning records we played. Curious, is 3-3 not considered a winning record? We beat the browns but I don't recall their record when we played them.
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    1. Denver
    2. Dallas
    3. Irsay's franchise
    4. Philly
    5. Green Bay
    6. Baltimore
    7. New England
    8. Arizona
    9. San Diego
    10. Detroit
    This.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco Seagulls View Post
    "Ravens - 0 wins against winning teams" I know we don't pick our schedule, but this is alarming. We haven't beat the two teams with winning records we played. Curious, is 3-3 not considered a winning record? We beat the browns but I don't recall their record when we played them.
    I personally hate that stat. You beat Pittsburgh and Cleveland and they are 3-3. If you lose to them they have a "winning record." It is a stat that affects itself. Like in college football, everyone has a losing record against highly ranked teams. If they didn't, they would not be highly ranked.

Better to look at records taking out your game. The Ravens beat Cleveland and Pittsburgh, who are 3-2 outside those games. They beat Carolina who is 3-2-1 outside that game. They also beat TB and Atlanta who are a combined 3-8 outside those games, which ain't good but they pounded them.

They lost to cincy and Indy who are 2-2-1 and 4-2 outside their games.

Sounds about right.