Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Report (OT): Seahawks Trade Harvin to Jets for Draft Pick

The fact that they moved the guy for a mid round pick after giving up a 1st, 3rd, and 7th AND a $25 million contract is all anyone needs to know about Percy Harvin.

And it isn't like Pete Carroll shies away from assholes...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    No deep threat
    He wasn't really much of one there anyway. Most of the time they just ran sweeps or screens with him and hoped he gashed them like he did Green Bay. After time it stopped working and the Cowboys game is the biggest example.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Locker room cancer.

Has apparently gotten into it with Wilson this year and Tate last year.
    I heard that Tate was quite the cancer himself.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't know how the contract was structured but the money is similar to Rice. It could be that kind of hit.
    The News Tribune: (it looks like they take a $7M+ hit next season).

"The Seahawks saved $7,117,647 in base pay with the trade of Harvin. That’s the prorated amount left on his $11 million salary for this year on his contract he signed with Seattle in March 2013. That deal still has four years remaining on it, at salaries of $10.5 million next season, $9.9 million in 2016, $9.95 million in 2017 and $11.15 million in 2018. The Jets, of course, can re-negotiate that.

Seattle does take an accelerated salary-cap hit of about $7.2 million from Harvin’s $12 million signing bonus it had already paid him, as part of the $25.5 million guaranteed Harvin got when he signed his deal. But now the Seahawks don’t have that $2.4 million annual hit against their caps for 2015, ’16 and ’17 for Harvin’s signing bonus."

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...#storylink=cpy

My jaw fucking dropped when I heard the news. Insanity.

Welp, we're about to see what the Seahawks are made of. Don't want to count the chickens before they hatch, and I know at 3-2 they're technically just fine, but this is pointing in the direction of a season that becomes turbulent for them.

They looked pedestrian in victory (Washington) and bad in defeat (Cowboys), lost in their own place, Baldwin calling out Wilson, Harvin traded. That creaking sound you hear is the bandwagon getting lighter.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Jets should've made this move a day earlier and maybe they would've beaten the Pats
    Tell me about it. It's possible Idzik only made the move BECAUSE they lost, so perhaps it's a moot point/argument. But god it would have been fun to see Harvin wreak havoc on a Pats team that had no idea how to prepare for him.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Holy crap! That's really crazy. I thought the Seahawks were tight against the cap. They just signed Harvin to a contract with $25.5 million guaranteed. It's going to be a massive cap hit.
    Crazy is right.....Looks like the real Pete Carroll just showed up for work.
    The one that failed miserably 2 times before in the NFL.
    I know he got the SB last yr and that's in the books but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    If you know what I mean.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The fact that they moved the guy for a mid round pick after giving up a 1st, 3rd, and 7th AND a $25 million contract is all anyone needs to know about Percy Harvin.

And it isn't like Pete Carroll shies away from assholes...
    It would be interesting to find out how hard they shopped him. They obviously wanted him gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    This kid must be a pain in the ass...he's been traded 2x and has barely been in the league 6 years!! And as talented as he is, he doesn't deliver enough to make up for that.
    Have to agree - must really be a malcontent. Cancer in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    They need a QB first lol. With Decker and Harvin and Ivory in the backfield they should be a competitive team.
    Exactly! The jets are done, so why are they bringing in another receiver when they don't have anyone to throw to them. Odd move for a 1-6 team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The News Tribune: (it looks like they take a $7M+ hit next season).

"The Seahawks saved $7,117,647 in base pay with the trade of Harvin. That’s the prorated amount left on his $11 million salary for this year on his contract he signed with Seattle in March 2013. That deal still has four years remaining on it, at salaries of $10.5 million next season, $9.9 million in 2016, $9.95 million in 2017 and $11.15 million in 2018. The Jets, of course, can re-negotiate that.

Seattle does take an accelerated salary-cap hit of about $7.2 million from Harvin’s $12 million signing bonus it had already paid him, as part of the $25.5 million guaranteed Harvin got when he signed his deal. But now the Seahawks don’t have that $2.4 million annual hit against their caps for 2015, ’16 and ’17 for Harvin’s signing bonus."

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...#storylink=cpy
    I understand the remaining signing bonus which was $12 million. That's roughly equal to the base pay they aren't paying Harvin so it nets out to around 0. What I don't get is the remaining $13.5 million which gets you to the $25.5 million in guaranteed money. Where is the accelerated cap hit for that? Why do we have such a huge hit for Ray Rice who had a similar amount guaranteed money and way a year further into a deal that looks to be a year shorter? What did the Seahawks do with Harvin that the Ravens didn't do with Rice?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    Crazy is right.....Looks like the real Pete Carroll just showed up for work.
    The one that failed miserably 2 times before in the NFL.
    I know he got the SB last yr and that's in the books but even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    If you know what I mean.
    I disagree on that one. It's not like Carroll is Barry Switzer and was handed a team that had won 2 Super Bowls right before he got there. It's also not coaches get lucky and just happen to win Championships if they are around long enough in the NFL. I'm sure Fox and Reid are wondering where there's are if that were the case. Pete has done a magnificent job with the Seahawks and part of that has been by admitting his mistakes. He tells everyone that he didn't want Russell Wilson but once he saw the value he dumped the QB he just spent a ton of money on in the offseason. Same with Charlie Whitehurst who he also spent money and picks on in a trade. A big part of the the success the Seahawks have had is in cutting their losses as soon as they realize they aren't losses and not playing the wrong guy because of the cost in draft picks or money.