Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

challenge me (politeful intent), is there another 2014 draft that has performed like us so far

Title says it all. Mosley a DROY candidate. OLs that serve use. Jernigan a possible calvary type coming later. Brooks, Camp, all getting meaningful snaps. Gilmore contributes. Is there any other teams making such good use of that draft top to bottom. Gosh, this is what is to be loved when u have a QB in his prime. Almost like a new guy, I wonder if we could have made any use of Rolando McClain, looking at come back player of the year. I wonder if anyone anywhere saw that coming.

Re: challenge me (politeful intent), is there another 2014 draft that has performed like us so far

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    Camp, all getting meaningful snaps.
    Camp has only been in 1 game.

Re: challenge me (politeful intent), is there another 2014 draft that has performed like us so far

Urschel has looked fairly good. Hurst has varied. Mosley has been outstanding. Taliaferro has done okay but nothing jaw-dropping. Campanero, as ravenray said, had one great play and I believe just one other catch, all from last week. Terrance Brooks has played but he hasn't done anything to wow me yet. Timmy Jernigan has shown flashes but I'm not sure we know exactly what we have yet from him. Wenning and Urban aren't factors this year (for different reasons).

All in all, not bad at all.

Then you look at last year's class. We have several young guys from that group who've made contributions too (Juice, Elam (mixed reviews), B. Williams and Wagner).

To me, it's interesting to see a team of young guys playing so well early together. And our quarterback is still fairly young too, and has been bulletproof to injury.

Yes, we should be excited about this. Now, as for that damn salary cap....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Urschel has looked fairly good. Hurst has varied. Mosley has been outstanding. Taliaferro has done okay but nothing jaw-dropping. Campanero, as ravenray said, had one great play and I believe just one other catch, all from last week. Terrance Brooks has played but he hasn't done anything to wow me yet. Timmy Jernigan has shown flashes but I'm not sure we know exactly what we have yet from him. Wenning and Urban aren't factors this year (for different reasons).

All in all, not bad at all.

Then you look at last year's class. We have several young guys from that group who've made contributions too (Juice, Elam (mixed reviews), B. Williams and Wagner).

To me, it's interesting to see a team of young guys playing so well early together. And our quarterback is still fairly young too, and has been bulletproof to injury.

Yes, we should be excited about this. Now, as for that damn salary cap....
    Timmy Jernigan will be awesome! Bank it!

It needs at least a season to judge

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    Camp has only been in 1 game.
    And caught a touchdown, which for a 7th round pick is a pretty big deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    And caught a touchdown, which for a 7th round pick is a pretty big deal.
    Considering the Ravens' luck in finding and developing decent late round receivers, Camp is a breath of fresh air.

I think Camp has the makings of developing into a really nice slot receiver.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I'm more impressed that we are so young and are still doing fairly well (not just this years class). With the exception of our secondary we have been a very good football team, especially compared to some of the younger teams in the league. It always makes me laugh to see teams get consistently high draft picks and still just be terrible.

We went through a very hard transition after losing our vets and top FA's after the SB run. Last year wasn't a great year, but for a 'rebuilding' team 8-8 is not bad. And to be 4-2 and playing as well as we have, we should be very thankful.

Honestly, a lot of it comes to being thankful for Joe. If you look back through his career one thing remains the same: Protect Joe and actually have a gamplan with playcalling and we win.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Not to mention our OL starters by age goes:

27 (EM) - 25 (KO) - 28 (JZ) - 30 (MY) - 24 (RW)

Not sure the length of everyones contract, but we could be looking at the 2-4 years with the same group. They're only going to improve together.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    . Jernigan a possible calvary type coming later.
    Just FWIW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalry

not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvary

I hate being the know-it-all (okay, no I don't), but it's always been one of my pet peeves when these two got switched.

Blog Entries

I don't know enough about any other team's drafts to answer the question. However, when you can say 6 out 9 draft picks have already made contributions on a 4-2 team I'd say that about as good as it can get. One of those 6 is looking like an All-Pro. As for he other 3, Wenning was never drafted to start as QB and the other 2 are injured. Could this be Ozzie's greatest draft? We'll know in 3 years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Just FWIW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalry

not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvary

I hate being the know-it-all (okay, no I don't), but it's always been one of my pet peeves when these two got switched.

LOL. That's pretty funny AND I just learned something today.