Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sooooo sick and tired of.....

...this team not being able to pick up one damn yard on 3rd/4th down especially near the goal line.

Maddening.

There, I said it....maybe this will be cathartic.

Re: Sooooo sick and tired of.....

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    ...this team not being able to pick up one damn yard on 3rd/4th down especially near the goal line.

Maddening.

There, I said it....maybe this will be cathartic.
    :word

Blog Entries

I agree.

What the fuck is the point of having two 225-235lb backs on the team if you're not going to use them for short yardage situations???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when they were down at the goal line on 3rd and 1, they went to Forsett...and then they went to some play action bootleg where it looked like they were going to try and hit JAH FUCKING REID with a pass in the end zone...

I'm sorry, where is Crockett Gilmore in that situation IF that was the play they wanted?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Classic case of outsmarting themselves.

I may have my plays wrong but I think that's the one where Q on radio said "What.....was that???"

The Ravens just don't understand short yardage at all.

The Patriots have short yardage figured out. Anytime they get into a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, they hurry up to the line and snap the ball before the defense can get set. Usually it's a simple play like a QB sneak or a quick FB/HB dive. They get the 1st almost every time. It's so easy and simple.

And yet watch the Ravens and their approach to short yardage. They always seem taken by surprise as if they're never prepared for a short yardage play. Often John Harbaugh panics and calls a timeout, which is the worst thing you can possibly do. Then they run the same play they should have quick-snapped, but of course the defense easily stops it, having plenty of time to rest, re-set, and run their play.

This team just has maddening play-calling tendencies. The inability to properly coach a short-yardage play is a huge problem. The Ravens are at a disadvantage to most of the other good teams in the league from a game-day coaching perspective. Challenges, clock management, and game flow are still huge problems for John Harbaugh and his staff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree.

What the fuck is the point of having two 225-235lb backs on the team if you're not going to use them for short yardage situations???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when they were down at the goal line on 3rd and 1, they went to Forsett...and then they went to some play action bootleg where it looked like they were going to try and hit JAH FUCKING REID with a pass in the end zone...

I'm sorry, where is Crockett Gilmore in that situation IF that was the play they wanted?
    that was a horrible playcall/design. Part of the reason I put this loss on the coaches. If youre going to make that call to go for it, that early in the game, you better have a real matchup problem you KNOW you can exploit.
    -JAB

And that's just it, yesterday when the team needed 2 yards to get a 1st and goal at the 3 yard line, they ran to the left behind Hurst who was clearly struggling, when they had Yanda and Wagner on the right who had a better chance of opening holes. Look, I'm not an offensive coordinator, but its evident the team suffers dramatically from poor execution and creativity when it comes to short yardage situations. Look no further than having Flacco try to jump the pile against the Steelers, and the other short yardage situations they've relied on him with this season.
    It's very disappointing that offensive minds on the Ravens staff cannot come up with more creative or even basic ways to help this team succeed in situations where they need 1 or 2 yards.

Loved the decision to go for it on fourth.

HATED the play Kubiak called. It's maddening sometimes how he out-thinks these short yardage situations.

Maybe Tyrod goes in for those situations and uses his legs or at least makes the D think he might. They need to do something different.

Blog Entries

I agree.

It's even worse than that because they also have Juice if they are trying to do something fancy. Way too cute. It's not like the Colts have this incredible defensive line. Bang the damn ball in there.

I agree.

LMBO...I saw Reid lumbering out there looking like he was running in quicksand and I just started to shake my head even before Flacco got sacked...it was hilarious.

Almost as dumb as the infamous "swinging gate" play by the Redskins 5 or 6 years ago...ok, nowhere near as bad as that, but still. That was a terrible call. He was moving so slow, I still don't think Reid reached the goal line.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.