Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT - M&T Bank Stadium lit up in Orange

Saw this on social media last night, but the Ravens lit up M&T Bank Stadium in Orioles orange in anticipation of the playoffs.

Pretty damn cool seeing that. Of course, Nestor just couldn't help himself and wondered on Twitter if Angelos (errr, I mean the Orioles) would ever do something like that with their stadium. I don't recall if they did or not, but I feel like they backed the Ravens pretty well during the SB run.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: OT - M&T Bank Stadium lit up in Orange

Cool gesture by the Ravens organization.

I always love how the Orioles light up Camden Yards in purple when the Ravens are in the playoffs ...... oh wait.......

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Cool gesture by the Ravens organization.

I always love how the Orioles light up Camden Yards in purple when the Ravens are in the playoffs ...... oh wait.......
    Makes me feel good as a Ravens fan that Bisciotti does not lower himself to Angelos standards.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Makes me feel good as a Ravens fan that Bisciotti does not lower himself to Angelos standards.
    Did Raven's do this two years ago when the Os made it on? Maybe they're burying the hatchet.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Did Raven's do this two years ago when the Os made it on? Maybe they're burying the hatchet.
    Yeah, IDK if they did or not, but I do know that we could not get our post SB win home opener in Baltimore because of a scheduling conflict that the O's could have accommodated.

As a Ravens and O's fan I just wish they could get along. lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Yeah, IDK if they did or not, but I do know that we could not get our post SB win home opener in Baltimore because of a scheduling conflict that the O's could have accommodated.
    :grbac: How soon we forget...

The most straightforward "accommodation" was for the Ravens to play on Wednesday night. It was Rosh Hashanah but the NFL has scheduled games on Rosh Hashanah before & will again. To "accommodate" the NFL the Os & White Sox would have had to schedule a day game immediately after a night game at the conclusion of which they would have had to travel to Baltimore. The Os, Sox and the MLB union objected to this.

I'm no fan of the Angeloser, but blame for that fiasco lay squarely with Dodgy Roger & the NFL, who were unwilling to lose a few points in ratings to "accommodate" the previous year's Super Bowl winner.

(ETA: I misremembered the Jewish holiday in question as Yom Kippur, which I believe from my limited understanding of Judaism would have been a bigger deal than the New Year.)
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 10-02-2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Goyishe mistake: Wrong Jewish holiday. Oy, oy, oy...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post

The most straightforward "accommodation" was for the Ravens to play on Wednesday night. It was Yom Kippur but the NFL has scheduled games on Yom Kippur before & will again. To "accommodate" the NFL the Os & White Sox would have had to schedule a day game immediately after a night game at the conclusion of which they would have had to travel to Baltimore. The Os, Sox and the MLB union objected to this.

I'm no fan of the Angeloser, but blame for that fiasco lay squarely with Dodgy Roger & the NFL, who were unwilling to lose a few points in ratings to "accommodate" the previous year's Super Bowl winner.
    This is correct. The O's were not to blame for the conflict. The game should have been rescheduled for Wednesday just like the prior year.

The O's could have done more too. I don't think that was an either / or situation in the blame department.

But yes, very cool gesture in the part of the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The O's could have done more too. I don't think that was an either / or situation in the blame department.
    This. Honestly, the NFL and MLB had a bit of a standoff on that. NFL wouldn't move a game to Wednesday because of "Rosh Hashanah" (really, because TNF = $$$$ vs Wednesday night football = $). They just expected MLB to capitulate because the NFL thinks it's the "bigger sport" in this country. It probably is, but I think MLB also made a stand like "screw you, we have our schedule, you're not going to push us around". In the end, all they had left was to move the game to Denver and give us a bunch of under the table concessions (We got the Thanksgiving game, got to choose our home opener opponent, and I believe got one other choice of game that year)

In the end, even since then, players from both squads have made public gestures of support for each other. It's just good to see a decision made that high up supporting it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post

The most straightforward "accommodation" was for the Ravens to play on Wednesday night. It was Yom Kippur but the NFL has scheduled games on Yom Kippur before & will again. To "accommodate" the NFL the Os & White Sox would have had to schedule a day game immediately after a night game at the conclusion of which they would have had to travel to Baltimore. The Os, Sox and the MLB union objected to this.

I never claimed that it would be a "straightforward" accommodation, but they could have accommodated and they didn't. It was the O's who made the final decision on not playing earlier in the day. Logistical nightmare? Probably. Fair to the Orioles? Probably not, but it was an option.

I agree that Goodell screwed the pooch by trying to bully the O's and MLB into the day game, and by not playing on Wednesday (Rosh Hashanah). He got owned on that one, and we suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Cool gesture by the Ravens organization. I always love how the Orioles light up Camden Yards in purple when the Ravens are in the playoffs ...... oh wait.......
    Silly comment. Camden Yards is not lit up in Orange, so they would need to install lights to do it.

So what happens on Oct 19 when the Falcons come to play at 1:00 and the Orioles have a AL Championship game that day?? Are the Ravens supposed to move their game to another day?? Do the Orioles move their game to another day?? Do they try to do a day game for the Ravens and night game for the Orioles?? I can tell you that my season parking pass for Camden Yards lot will not move after the Ravens game. May be sour grapes but the Orioles have hosed us TWICE on having the opening game after winning the Super Bowl so it will be payback time for me. Everybody forgets the Orioles did the same thing to the Ravens in 2001 on Monday night football.