Any talk of the League changing back to rule for Kickoffs ?

I am by now far used to the rules protecting QBs. The rules overly favoring receivers in the secondary is still a little much for me but I will have to except that as well. The one rule that must be overturned is the short kicking distance for kickoffs. It was an exciting part of the sport and now you might as well not even have kickoffs. Your 100M and 50M guys are not there on the field, even so, I never saw an over abundance of injuries resulting from kickoff plays. Some violent collisions yes, but it wasn't stretchers galore, mostly guys got up no different from other play on the field. NFL, please bring back the Kickoff return. I dearly miss it.

Blog Entries

Re: Any talk of the League changing back to rule for Kickoffs ?

I don't think they'll ever change it back. It's a shame too; here we are going into week 5 and I don't remember any kickoff returns for TDs or long gains. What's worse, quite a few teams have guys like Jacoby who are living in the past and bring it out more often than not. They wind up getting tackled on the 12 and putting the offense in a hole. Most coaches are probably telling their guys to secure the ball and take a knee.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I miss it too. This is my all time favorite. Only a 1:03 video but damn it was a rush: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXm3aYJhhG0
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Yeah, what's the point of taking that aspect of the game away? It is one of the most exciting plays in football and can give you a quick score if you are trailing by a number of TDs. Kick returners are probably of the mindset that when given the chance they are going to return it even if it is a poor decision, they're just tired of standing around. Who wants to stand there and watch the ball constantly fly over your head?