Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Next up: Carolina Panthers

They are very thin at running back and Cam Newton isn't 100% (ribs and ankle)

We all know Steve Smith has this game marked, but I think the Panthers D game plans to make Smitty a non factor.

The Steelers embarrassed them in their house, and they will be looking to rebound from that. They still have one of the top Defenses in the league.

Kelvin Benjamin can be a legit threat, but he drops more than he should. (will balance out with Jacoby and Torrey dropping passes)

The Ravens running game will have to continue to get the offense down the field, but after the Stoolers ran over them, I look for their D to tighten up on Run defense.

Gonna have to know where Luke Kuechly is at all times. That dude is a beast and is all over the field making plays.

IMO, it's gonna be another tough match up coming down to the end, but I haven't been right score wise at all this season, so what do I know. lol

Blog Entries

Re: Next up: Carolina Panthers

The Panther's D is nothing to mess around with. Yesterday was more of an anomaly than anything. Did Greg Hardy play? I don't recall.

I'm thinking that this is a good offense to square off against for our D right now though. They don't have any serious receiving threat outside of Benjamin, whom I think Jimmy matches very well against. They don't have a speedy deep threat like Cleveland does and their running game isn't that great. Stewart and Williams are always hurt.

Hell, they even yanked Cam towards the end of the game and put in Derek Anderson. There is a good chance that Anderson plays next weekend in place of Cam.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Thankfully, they and the Steelers beat the shit out of each other pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The Panther's D is nothing to mess around with. Yesterday was more of an anomaly than anything. Did Greg Hardy play? I don't recall.

I'm thinking that this is a good offense to square off against for our D right now though. They don't have any serious receiving threat outside of Benjamin, whom I think Jimmy matches very well against. They don't have a speedy deep threat like Cleveland does and their running game isn't that great. Stewart and Williams are always hurt.

Hell, they even yanked Cam towards the end of the game and put in Derek Anderson. There is a good chance that Anderson plays next weekend in place of Cam.
    I think Greg Hardy is getting the Adrian Peterson treatment and agreed to get paid to stay away.

They looked like dog crap last night. I just hope S.S. Sr. doesn't get himself so cranked up that he does something stupid and gets tossed.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I think Greg Hardy is getting the Adrian Peterson treatment and agreed to get paid to stay away.
    :word

They're definitely going to miss him.

Rick Wagner will have his work cut out for him trying to block Charles Johnson, but Johnson is more of a bull-rush pass rusher and not a speed/finesse guy. I think that plays more into Wagner's skill set as a blocker.

The big question for me is how will KO, Zuttah, and Yanda handle interior rushers while blocking Lotulelei and Kawann Short. Kuechly is a good pass rusher up the middle and the Ravens have had some troubles with that.

We'll win.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    We'll win.
    I agree completely. We have problems, but the Panthers have a lot more problems. Cam might not even play, and if he does he's no threat to run with the ball. It's a great game for our young D to figure out how to play together, and for Kubiak to fine tune a solution

Blog Entries

I predict a board meltdown a week from today when, win or lose, it's a tough battle. armchair GMs will be in full throat

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I predict a board meltdown a week from today when, win or lose, it's a tough battle. armchair GMs will be in full throat
    I've never quite understood that. If we win 13-10, who the eff cares?

While it's our first non-AFC North game, it's going to be very AFC North like game in likelihood. Considering this team is still working out a lot of kinks, I'll take an ugly win and love it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I've never quite understood that. If we win 13-10, who the eff cares?
    Because it is a message board with a wide variety of fans.