Question Mystery Play: DeAza Triple in the 7th

Anyone who was at the game wanna tell what happened on that hit into right field? On the telecast, the ball went into the corner with Bautista closing and looking about to field it. MASN cuts to Paredes crossing home. Then in the next shot, there's no Bautista and the ball's rolling free. Did he stop for a snack at Boog's, or what?

To me it looked like it took him forever to get there and then went into the corner to wait for the ball so he was facing home. Not the greatest play in the world.

Re: Mystery Play: DeAza Triple in the 7th

Quote Originally Posted by RobAtSGH View Post
    Anyone who was at the game wanna tell what happened on that hit into right field? On the telecast, the ball went into the corner with Bautista closing and looking about to field it. MASN cuts to Paredes crossing home. Then in the next shot, there's no Bautista and the ball's rolling free. Did he stop for a snack at Boog's, or what?
    Looked to me like it simply got by him - kind of under the glove or just out of reach - and his momentum carried him away from the ball for a moment. By the time he got it, I was too busy high fiving everybody around me and yelling "that's it, this one is over" to see what else he may have done wrong.