Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rolando McClain having the season for Dallas Ozzie thought he had in him...

At least we get a pick out of it but why not play for us?

Maybe something about our organization rubbed him the wrong way. Perhaps Harbaugh?

Honestly why not play for us. Maybe Jason Garret's robotic demeanor was less threatening than Harbaughs touchy feely one. I don't know. I'm happy he's doing well, just wish it was for us.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Re: Rolando McClain having the season for Dallas Ozzie thought he had in him...

Quote Originally Posted by Moe the Crow View Post
    At least we get a pick out of it but why not play for us?

Maybe something about our organization rubbed him the wrong way. Perhaps Harbaugh?

Honestly why not play for us. Maybe Jason Garret's robotic demeanor was less threatening than Harbaughs touchy feely one. I don't know. I'm happy he's doing well, just wish it was for us.
    It was the Ravens that didn't want him, not the other way around.

I wish him well...if he gets his head straight and turns his career around, I'l be happy for him. But I'm very glad we don't have to depend on that happening, and also very glad to have CJ Mosely instead.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

He failed a conditioning test but I thought that they were going to give him time to get in shape with the team but he retired again.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

Good for him, never thought he'd play and play well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

McClain didn't like being pushed by the Ravens. He goes to a much softer team that really needs him because of injuries and finds that they are more understanding than the Ravens were. He wasn't beating out Smith or Mosley so he's better off somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    McClain didn't like being pushed by the Ravens. He goes to a much softer team that really needs him because of injuries and finds that they are more understanding than the Ravens were. He wasn't beating out Smith or Mosley so he's better off somewhere else.
    This. He had no chance of starting here. Dallas practically handed him a starting job

As long as we get a draft pick out of it I could care less about his career with Dallas

Blog Entries

I'd rather have what we have now. I didn't like the idea of having to rely on him to get motivated to play for us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Exactly right. He couldn't just "show up and play" here. The Ravens want more. Dallas will take what it can get, and McClain is in a state where he'll give you what he feels like giving you, on a given day. Right now, he's doing well under that scenario. The talent was always there, but on the other hand, if you're Dallas you know it could be a matter of time before he switches off, or does something else stupid.

But that's what they seem to thrive on there. They sure don't thrive on winning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by huds1117 View Post
    As long as we get a draft pick out of it I could care less about his career with Dallas
    The Ravens at best are going to exchange a 2015 7th rounder for Dallas' 2015 6th rounder (if McClain plays 50% of the defensive snaps). If he is on the 53-man roster for 5 games, or the 46-man roster for 3 games, the Ravens and Cowboys exchange 2016 7th rounders (if Dallas has a better pick only). The Ravens really didn't need him (and wouldn't use him), but they aren't getting much for him, either.

Blog Entries

You beat me to it. Roland has to play 50% of snaps to get a 6th rounder.Looks like he's gonna
    get it unless injured. Maybe there is something special about wearing the star-lol, especially if
    there is no one else on defense.

No, a 6th or 7th pick doesn't sound like much but look what Ozzie has pulled out of the hat in 6th and 7th rounds. Ozzie makes Houdini look like a chump pulling rabbits out of a hat.

Tyrod Taylor - current Backup @ QB - 6th round
    KLM - 6th round - much promise this yr til hurt
    Wenning - possible future backup QB on PS in 6th this yr
    Jensen - 6th round - started out great this year but sleep apnea dropped him to PS
    Campanero - 7th round - made squad with much hope as WR and return man
    Nakamura - 6th round
    Joe Maese - 6th round - long snapper.
    Tyson - 7th round
    Derek Anderson - QB - 6th round
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-15-2014 at 01:40 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    It was the Ravens that didn't want him, not the other way around.

I wish him well...if he gets his head straight and turns his career around, I'l be happy for him. But I'm very glad we don't have to depend on that happening, and also very glad to have CJ Mosely instead.

How can you say that after they gave him multiple chances and the reason he wasnt here is that he retired again. For whatever reason he chose not to be a raven, and jumped at being somewhere else. I dont think he had an easy road here, but the team certainly gave him plenty of chances despite not really earning them. The team wanted him to some capacity.
    -JAB