Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeromy Miles

Blog Entries

Jeromy Miles

I'm just throwing this out there, but I think he should be a starter over Stewart or Elam (preferably Stewart).

He's not an outstanding player, but he makes plays out on the field. He's also bigger (6'2" vs 5'10" and 5'11") and I'd argue that he is more athletic than Stewart.

He was impressive yesterday against Pittsburgh.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Jeromy Miles

Everyone last night was like "who is this Miles" the Ravens always have somebody emerging.

Blog Entries

Starter over Elam? Absolutely not. Was it Stewart or Miles that fake dove and alligator armed the pick in the middle of the field last night??? Whichever it was shouldn't be starting at centerfield.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Starter over Elam? Absolutely not. Was it Stewart or Miles that fake dove and alligator armed the pick in the middle of the field last night??? Whichever it was shouldn't be starting at centerfield.
    That was Miles and yes, that was not a good play. However, he also forced a fumble and had a number of solid plays in coverage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Starter over Elam? Absolutely not...
    Man, I agree with you 100% Elam is now back in his "natural" (SS) position. He is only scratching the surface of his talent. In a year or two, B. Wms/Jernigan (DTs), Mosley/A. Brown (ILBs), J. Smith/Brooks/Elam (DBs) will be the face of the Ravens defense... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Man, I agree with you 100% Elam is now back in his "natural" (SS) position. He is only scratching the surface of his talent. In a year or two, B. Wms/Jernigan (DTs), Mosley/A. Brown (ILBs), J. Smith/Brooks/Elam (DBs) will be the face of the Ravens defense... Bc
    I like Elam a lot and he was pretty good in coverage last night...but I see him trying to arm tackle guys a lot.

Blog Entries

Miles is solid. I hated losing him.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm just throwing this out there, but I think he should be a starter over Stewart or Elam (preferably Stewart).

He's not an outstanding player, but he makes plays out on the field. He's also bigger (6'2" vs 5'10" and 5'11") and I'd argue that he is more athletic than Stewart.

He was impressive yesterday against Pittsburgh.
    During the preseason I thought his play was overall very poor. I don't think he has much potential, I'd rather see Brooks out there.

Miles strikes me as a Jameel McClain type. Kinda sucks but the coaching staff loves him.

Stewart blows.

I don't know if Miles would be any better, but I'd like to get Stewart off the field asap.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I can't see Miles as an every game Free Safety and I don't want to bench or move Elam. Doesn't matter anyway because it's not happening. I agree with the general feeling about Stewart. I really hope Brooks is a player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Stewart blows.
    I don't know if Miles would be any better, but I'd like to get Stewart off the field asap.
    Don't "dis" these two guys too much. They are both only back-up/special teams players. By game #7, Will Hill (an effective FS for the Giants) may/will be the starter... Bc

Definitely don't agree with starting him over Elam. For whatever reason Elam had an underwhelming pre-season but his first two games have been solid. He still needs to work on wrapping up but his coverage skills playing nickle (he was right there with Antonio Brown and Jermaine Gresham) are a pleasant surprise and there are still times where he's coming up and laying the lumber. He should get better as the season goes on.