Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SI's Andy Benoit's film analysis of Bengals-Ravens game

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit · 3h
    #Ravens film: Flacco did not read the field with clarity early on. Lack of precision in timing and ball placement, too.

Flacco's receivers didn't help him, either.

#Ravens film: WR's were horrendous in first half. Drops, stumbles and bad routes

Torrey Smith not a good looking route runner. Lacks smoothness in transition

#Ravens OL did great given amount of empty and spread sets vs Cincy blitz. Interior of Yanda, Osemele and Zuttah particularly good.

#Ravens Film: Evident that WRs and TE’s not yet comfortable with the timing or spacing of Kubiak’s O.

Film @Bengals : Even with no Zimmer, D still extremely aggressive and diverse with double A gap blitz concepts.

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit · 2h
    Justin Forsett TD was toss sweep behind a tight trips bunch. Pitta and Wagner both landed blocks pulling in space. Perfect execution.

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit · 34m
    #Bengals Film: Hue Jackson had too much faith in Dalton's legs.

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit · 7s
    #Ravens Film: Ngata looked like his old self vs. Cincy.

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit · 5s
    C.J. Mosley impressive movement skills out of zone coverage.

#Bengals film: Gresham substantial improvements as run-blocker.

Re: SI's Andy Benoit's film analysis of Bengals-Ravens game

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    #Ravens film: Flacco did not read the field with clarity early on. Lack of precision in timing and ball placement, too.

Flacco's receivers didn't help him, either.

#Ravens film: WR's were horrendous in first half. Drops, stumbles and bad routes

Torrey Smith not a good looking route runner. Lacks smoothness in transition

#Ravens OL did great given amount of empty and spread sets vs Cincy blitz. Interior of Yanda, Osemele and Zuttah particularly good.

#Ravens Film: Evident that WRs and TE’s not yet comfortable with the timing or spacing of Kubiak’s O.

Film @Bengals : Even with no Zimmer, D still extremely aggressive and diverse with double A gap blitz concepts.

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit · 2h
    Justin Forsett TD was toss sweep behind a tight trips bunch. Pitta and Wagner both landed blocks pulling in space. Perfect execution.

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit · 34m
    #Bengals Film: Hue Jackson had too much faith in Dalton's legs.

#Ravens Film: Ngata looked like his old self vs. Cincy.

Andy Benoit @Andy_Benoit · 5s
    C.J. Mosley impressive movement skills out of zone coverage.

#Bengals film: Gresham substantial improvements as run-blocker.
    Looks like what I saw too.

Line did very well.

WR's were absolute garbage other than Smith's bomb.

Bad, anxious, inaccurate Joe started the game before good Joe showed up late in the first half.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Looks like what I saw too.

Line did very well.

WR's were absolute garbage other than Smith's bomb.

Bad, anxious, inaccurate Joe started the game before good Joe showed up late in the first half.
    They have to get used to this offense, this is more of a timing offense. They've been used to the hit or miss offense for so long (hope and a prayer).

They have to get used to this offense, this is more of a timing offense. They've been used to the hit or miss offense for so long (hope and a prayer).
    Dare I say a "wing" and a prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Dare I say a "wing" and a prayer.
    You may say that LOL Example: 2012 AFC Divisional playoff game against Denver: Joe throws a bomb about 70 yards down the field and hopes Jacoby catches it, as we all know the rest is history. Joe winged it and prayed that Jacoby would catch it.

Blog Entries

Yup I think we made those same observations. Hoping that they are going to lean more on the run this Thursday even if it takes a while to develop. Patience. Everything works when the run game works

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Yeah, in no way am I saying this will be the norm...just noting observations of the first game.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I'm still trying to figure out how Torrey and JJ are suited for this offense. Seems that it's made Torrey more one-dimensional than he already was, and I expect Jacoby to deflect balls for easy picks. I know we need a deep threat, but they've got to be functional in other ways.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yeah, in no way am I saying this will be the norm...just noting observations of the first game.
    I definitely know you weren't saying that I was just making my own observations too.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how Torrey and JJ are suited for this offense. Seems that it's made Torrey more one-dimensional than he already was, and I expect Jacoby to deflect balls for easy picks. I know we need a deep threat, but they've got to be functional in other ways.
    This is part of the learning process for them, Torrey is still a work in progress but since Jacoby has been in this offense before I don't think anything changes too much with him.

This is part of the learning process for them, Torrey is still a work in progress but since Jacoby has been in this offense before I don't think anything changes too much with him.
    Jacoby is who he is. Lightning fast, will get open, may or may not catch the ball. Marlon Brown, might turn out to be a guy who can catch but can't get open.

Between the two of them, we have one really good WR.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Jacoby is who he is. Lightning fast, will get open, may or may not catch the ball. Marlon Brown, might turn out to be a guy who can catch but can't get open.

Between the two of them, we have one really good WR.
    I think the mix of them two is Aiken. Good hands and gets open (short area suddeness).