The Good, the Bad, The UGLY

Good

Yanda and Osemele - Amazing how good our guards are when healthy.

Forsett - Nice upfield running and a good burst of speed. He needs to start Thursday night. The Browns ran the ball all over Pittsburg today. Our turn.

Bad

Pierce - plodding, falling down, fumbling. About to punch his card out of town

Flacco - Last play of both halves were Bolleresque. Missed a bunch of targets wildly in he first half. Second half doesn't make up for his overall bad day

UGLY

Jacoby - What a horrible day. Multiple drops and horrible on ST. One of his worst days as a Raven.

Re: The Good, the Bad, The UGLY

Yeah, that's the Jacoby everyone in Houston was used to. Maybe he's trying way too hard to impress his daddy Kubiak. Horrible game for him today.

We had bad Joe in the first half, and good Joe in the second.

Will good Joe every show up for a full game?

Here's what I don't get: the receivers were dropping balls right and left in the first half. The once they started to hang onto the ball, we started to move the ball consistently. Joe's not always going to be on target with his passes--that's a part of the game. But when he is on target, the receivers need to catch the ball--bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Flacco - Last play of both halves were Bolleresque. Missed a bunch of targets wildly in he first half. Second half doesn't make up for his overall bad day.
    The worst play Joe made in the 2nd half was the next to the last play. Throw the ball away = 4th and 4 with a time out remaining. Stand there and take a sack = 4th and 9 with no time outs. That really changes the play calling. At this stage of his career he has to learn to get rid of the ball - something he didn't do at the end of the first half, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Here's what I don't get: the receivers were dropping balls right and left in the first half.
    Ditch the Jacoby Jones as receiver experiment - he just isn't a very good one. Just have him return kicks/punts. Once they started using Aiken, who has legitimate hands, and Steve Smith got over his drops the offensive fortunes changed.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The worst play Joe made in the 2nd half was the next to the last play. Throw the ball away = 4th and 4 with a time out remaining. Stand there and take a sack = 4th and 9 with no time outs. That really changes the play calling. At this stage of his career he has to learn to get rid of the ball - something he didn't do at the end of the first half, either.

Ditch the Jacoby Jones as receiver experiment - he just isn't a very good one. Just have him return kicks/punts. Once they started using Aiken, who has legitimate hands, and Steve Smith got over his drops the offensive fortunes changed.
    I really can't understand why this is such a difficult concept for Flacco to grasp. I see rookie qbs throw the ball away to avoid a sack or save time on the clock, but Joe just doesn't get it.

Ditch the Jacoby Jones as receiver experiment - he just isn't a very good one. Just have him return kicks/punts

Exactly, could someone explain to me why Jones is in front of Brown on the depth chart? Jones is a poor mans Torrey Smith out there.

8. Re: The Good, the Bad, The UGLY

Good:

Forsett - I used to be a big Pierce fan and thought he'd be a great fit for this offense but he is downy soft and just blew a big opportunity. I'm done with Pierce for now. Give me some Forsett and Taliaferro until Rice comes back.

Aiken - Made catches when called upon and didn't drop any like all our other guys. He should see more playing time over Jacoby Jones.

Bad:

Flacco - Made a lot of dumb decisions, bad passes, didn't see obvious blitzes coming at the LOS. That play before halftime was just embarrassing.....

WRs - all those drops were killing us. Smith made a nice play on that TD but was terrible most of the game

Pierce - He sucked and looked timid out there and was seemingly pulled after every run to get a talking to by the coaches until he fumbled was benched. He can ride pine for the remainder of his contract for all I care.

Dan Piss - His bend don't break schemes don't work without a high powered offense. The pass rush was non existent and when he does bring pressure, it's so obvious that we got beat by a screen every damn time.

Ugly:

Gary Kubiak -Throwing the ball 60+ times isn't how I envisioned this offense. This looked like a game from last season. We were pretty effective running the ball when Pierce left the game, then we kind of abandoned it once it started to get going.