Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Fantasy Football TEAM NAME, NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!

Oh and my team name is Nick Nolte

[Img] https://www.google.com/search?q=nick...2F%3B478%3B269 [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Never played. Never had the slightest interest in playing. Never understood the reason anyone would have the slightest interest in playing.

It's bullshit because it's nothing but a bunch of people competing to see who can guess the best. You guess lucky, you win, & you get kudos for--guessing the best. BFD. If you're feeling lucky you might as well play MegaMillions--the prizes are better & the actual skill required just about the same. (You won't deserve it if you win, of course, but neither would the person who'd have won if you hadn't played, so mir ist's egal.)

Seriously, fantasy sports as a whole is IMHO the single most useless non-political activity ever invented.
    Forget your meds this morning?

By the way, I agree with you, but I did remember to take the meds this morning.:)
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I get Loba's point. I myself don't really like fantasy football. I used to play it until Torrey and Ray Rice kept getting death threats because they had bad games and would cost fantasy owners their games.

With all that being said. I am shocked no one has taken a stab with your QB of choice.

Bens Bathroom Friends

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    Okay so I'm in a 14 team PPR league, auction draft, 3rd year of the dynasty. I finished 2nd last year, but won a lot of money haha. It's a $100 buy in and one of our players in the league is Mark Schwarz from ESPN! So its very competitive, very fun. Here's were I need your help with guyssssss......I NEED A NEW TEAM NAME. Last year I was The Doctor .... this year I want something more creative. My team:

QB - Big Ben
    RB- Lacy, Vereen, Devonta Freeman, Juice
    WR- Demariyus Thomas, Crabtree, Kendall Wright, Terrance Williams, Malcom Floyd
    TE- Jimmy Graham, Pitta, Lardarius Green
    DEF- Cardinals, Saints
    K- Mason Crosby

Some choices I have right now:

1. Demariyus Stormborn (Targaryen, Game of Thrones)
    2. I'm in me mum's car, Vereen Vereen
    3. A Graham of Green/Crabtree
    4. Follow me on InstaGraham
    Are you trying to do something creative with your team? I use Frosted Flacco's, Flaccoroni & Cheese, Black Gallagher & Pylon Pounders.

Hating fantasy football enough to simply ignore it = perfectly understandable.

Hating fantasy football enough to troll a thread about it and insult those who do enjoy it = puzzling.

Blog Entries

I hate Fantasy Football, but I joined a league for the first time in at years because they needed one more.

For recommendation of a team I like "Boogie Knights".

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post

Hating fantasy football enough to troll a thread about it and insult those who do enjoy it = puzzling.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post

agreed.
    Also, it has a luck/skill ratio more akin to poker/betting Horses then Mega Millions... and has the EXACT SAME reasoning for most that play... a fun way to pass time and hopefully win money.

If it's all luck, then I'm the luckiest man alive. In the last 5 years, I have won the regular season twice, the Superbowl twice, and 3rd twice(damn Adrian Peterson). In a league that has spanned 14-16 teams during that time span, it is incredibly unlikely, statistically speaking, that what led to those finishes was luck alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Also, it has a luck/skill ratio more akin to poker/betting Horses then Mega Millions... and has the EXACT SAME reasoning for most that play... a fun way to pass time and hopefully win money.
    Perfect analogy. Luck is definitely involved, but you'll need some skill to consistently win.

RothlisBurglars

(in my one effort at Fantasy Football, I did the automatic draft and was awarded him. I released him, preferring to lose than to win and be associated with him. I finished 5-8. no regrets. I'm not as anit-him now that he's gone three years without a postseason win.)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    agreed.

If it's all luck, then I'm the luckiest man alive. In the last 5 years, I have won the regular season twice, the Superbowl twice, and 3rd twice(damn Adrian Peterson). In a league that has spanned 14-16 teams during that time span, it is incredibly unlikely, statistically speaking, that what led to those finishes was luck alone.
    Thanks for saying this. I was gonna reply with something similar. If it was all random luck repeat winners and repeatedly high finishes would be very unlikely.

Honestly in 15 years of playing fantasy football I've finished in the bottom half of my league exactly once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Thanks for saying this. I was gonna reply with something similar. If it was all random luck repeat winners and repeatedly high finishes would be very unlikely.

Honestly in 15 years of playing fantasy football I've finished in the bottom half of my league exactly once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I could make pretty much exactly the same statement as well.. probably closer to 12 years, but I do think it was exactly once in the bottom half, and some years I have had as many as 3 teams.