Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Fantasy Football TEAM NAME, NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!

BTW...

That is one heck of a team for a 14-team league.

Forte Shades of Grey is one of the funnier ones I've seen, but he's not on your squad.

My teams this year: Ngata Chance In Hell and Suggs To Be You Dude.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    You really took the time to post this astounding insight? Did you lose your house in a fantasy football league? Did a fantasy football commissioner steal your girlfriend? I honestly respect you as a poster but this is just mean.
    Never played. Never had the slightest interest in playing. Never understood the reason anyone would have the slightest interest in playing.

Sure it's "bullshit"... that's why it's called "fantasy" football. I hope there's some inside joke here I'm missing.
    It's bullshit because it's nothing but a bunch of people competing to see who can guess the best. You guess lucky, you win, & you get kudos for--guessing the best. BFD. If you're feeling lucky you might as well play MegaMillions--the prizes are better & the actual skill required just about the same. (You won't deserve it if you win, of course, but neither would the person who'd have won if you hadn't played, so mir ist's egal.)

Seriously, fantasy sports as a whole is IMHO the single most useless non-political activity ever invented.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Never played. Never had the slightest interest in playing. Never understood the reason anyone would have the slightest interest in playing.

It's bullshit because it's nothing but a bunch of people competing to see who can guess the best. You guess lucky, you win, & you get kudos for--guessing the best. BFD. If you're feeling lucky you might as well play MegaMillions--the prizes are better & the actual skill required just about the same. (You won't deserve it if you win, of course, but neither would the person who'd have won if you hadn't played, so mir ist's egal.)

Seriously, fantasy sports as a whole is IMHO the single most useless non-political activity ever invented.
    It's no different than any other hobby. You could have just bypassed the thread if you don't like it. Do you go to kids' houses and bust up DnD games? Or stop by the arcade to tell everyone that they're wasting their time? Or run in a movie theater and tell everyone they're dumb for watching Transformers 4?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Mt two are always Suggs To Be You, and Natty Joes!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    It's no different than any other hobby. You could have just bypassed the thread if you don't like it.
    When the Romans awarded one of their military leaders a triumph (essentially a big victory parade) for his services, the general in question would ride in the parade in a chariot with a slave standing beside him. The slave's only function was to continually remind the hero that all this was transient, the cheering would end & everyone would forget about him...

Think of me as the humble slave standing beside you on that chariot, reminding you that FF=BS. (As most of you realize deep down--otherwise you wouldn't react so vociferously.)

(And who knows, maybe some of you will finally admit it & start spending the time you're blowing on FF doing something productive, like say raking the leaves or taking out the trash...:p)

Do you go to kids' houses and bust up DnD games? Or stop by the arcade to tell everyone that they're wasting their time? Or run in a movie theater and tell everyone they're dumb for watching Transformers 4?
    This reminds me of the old joke about the kid in confession who tells the priest that he's done some "impure touching" with one of the girls in the parish.

"Was it Betty Kowalski?" the priest said. "No, Father." "Was it Irene Lucchesi?" "No, Father." "Was it-- Well, never mind, say 3 Our Fathers & 10 Hail Marys & make your next confession next week."

Friends met the boy outside the church & asked him how it went. "Pretty good," he replied. "I got a week off & two new leads."

{rimshot}

And I have 3, count 'em, 3, possibilities I hadn't considered until you brought them up. Thanky kindly! :D (I'll pass on the movie theater though--who can afford a ticket these days???)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    When the Romans awarded one of their military leaders a triumph (essentially a big victory parade) for his services, the general in question would ride in the parade in a chariot with a slave standing beside him. The slave's only function was to continually remind the hero that all this was transient, the cheering would end & everyone would forget about him...

Think of me as the humble slave standing beside you on that chariot, reminding you that FF=BS. (As most of you realize deep down--otherwise you wouldn't react so vociferously.)

(And who knows, maybe some of you will finally admit it & start spending the time you're blowing on FF doing something productive, like say raking the leaves or taking out the trash...:p)

This reminds me of the old joke about the kid in confession who tells the priest that he's done some "impure touching" with one of the girls in the parish.

"Was it Betty Kowalski?" the priest said. "No, Father." "Was it Irene Lucchesi?" "No, Father." "Was it-- Well, never mind, say 3 Our Fathers & 10 Hail Marys & make your next confession next week."

Friends met the boy outside the church & asked him how it went. "Pretty good," he replied. "I got a week off & two new leads."

{rimshot}

And I have 3, count 'em, 3, possibilities I hadn't considered until you brought them up. Thanky kindly! :D (I'll pass on the movie theater though--who can afford a ticket these days???)

Haha Loba you're crazy. I love you for your football posts, but you're crazy. Just a side note, I work everyday 8-4, work out every day except Sundays, do essentially all the yard work, wash the dishes/vacuum/laundry/ any house chore I do it. I recently graduated college and my parents are letting me live at home since my job is literally 10 minutes away so I make sure that everyday they come home to a clean house and dinner on the table....okay maybe I don't cook every night, but my Dad is the best cook in the family soooo :)

I get your point though Loba it is a waste of time, but I enjoy it and it's fun man. Try it out one year and maybe you'll change your mind :)

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    BTW...

That is one heck of a team for a 14-team league.
    So our league is a keepers league. This is our 3rd year so everyone got 2 keepers this year. We do an auction draft so if you want to keep a player you have to pay 120% of his price from the year before. My keepers this year were: Demariyus for $16 (I drafted him the year Peyton got there and he was only $8, Crabtree for $7 and Kendall Wright for $9. I got 3 keepers because I scored the most points overall during the season last year.

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I'll update every once in a while with my perceived values for each specific player. Anywhere from $1 to $70. You have to just draft BPA honestly. You might think Player A is a steal for $30.... but if you have 7 other players valued at $29 there's no need to freak out and make a purchase. Last season I had Stafford, Moreno, Ellington, Demariyus, Julio Jones, Torrey, Jimmy Graham...among other people.

The coolest part of the league is that Mark Schwarz of ESPN is one of our members.

Grahama's Ben Juice-ing!

2nd: Grahama's Lacy Pittas
    Last edited by KidSampson; 09-05-2014 at 09:43 AM.

The Ben Vereen Dancers.

or

Jimmy Crabtree and I Don't Care.

I'm in a 12 team league half point ppr I have

Qb: Stafford, foles
    Rb: AP, Gio Bernard, Leven Bell, Hyde, Freeman
    Wr: Crabtree, Wright, Cooks, Wheaton, Jordan Matthews, Kenny Stills
    Te: Olson, Green
    K: Vinatieri
    d/st: gaytriotz