Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT - Madden 15

Re: OT - Madden 15

can you do fantasy draft for franchise mode this year? That's my fave

Blog Entries

How is the running game? Years ago it was too easy and more recently it was ridiculously hard. Is it anything close to being realistic?

Blog Entries

If it has a legit fantasy mode again, maybe.

i forget which year it was, maybe 11 that had a pentagon for the players skills. you didnt really need to "scout". I liked that franchise mode the best for that feature. I hate scouting every week because i used to just simulate the season and only play the playoffs. For me it was more about building a team in the offseason the best I could. Soon as they changed all that stuff they lost me.
    -JAB

They did a bit of a refresh this year (great point about the NCAA devs being involved!). Some of the aspects of play have changed this year, with a lot more control of defensive players. It has taken me a couple of games to get used to it, but it is the best Madden in quite a while. 8.5/10

Waiting to start Career Mode until after the week one rosters update. Have just done "Play Now" games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    nah, coaches can get fired... Owners can't... that's right, it was owner mode. You get to play, it's not just the concessions prices and stuff. Owners mode lets you do everything... at least it did on 25... haven't picked up 15 yet, probably will this weekend.
    I guess I never played on Owner mode. I'll check that one out.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by skjwood View Post
    They did a bit of a refresh this year (great point about the NCAA devs being involved!). Some of the aspects of play have changed this year, with a lot more control of defensive players. It has taken me a couple of games to get used to it, but it is the best Madden in quite a while. 8.5/10

Waiting to start Career Mode until after the week one rosters update. Have just done "Play Now" games.
    Can you play defense the same way they had it previously? Or do you have to play with the new system?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How is the running game? Years ago it was too easy and more recently it was ridiculously hard. Is it anything close to being realistic?
    I think it is a lot more challenging. I started out playing on PRO mode and the few games I played I wasn't reeling off 20 yard rushes every time. I've noticed - at least from what I can tell - is you have to use your blockers more so in this one than you did in past iterations of Madden. Even with Jamaal Charles, you can't just outrun everyone to the edge and break one for 80 yards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreLove View Post
    I think so. I'll look later and let you know for sure.

I know they have a new feature called "Ultimate Team" where you can do a fantasy draft, but it is also apparently with players of the past like Jerry Rice, John Elway, and others.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Can you play defense the same way they had it previously? Or do you have to play with the new system?
    You pretty much have to play with the new controls (PS4 = press R2 as soon as ball is snapped, then either X or square). They designed it to flip the screen this year, so if you want, you can move from bottom to top of screen like on offense. This you can change though, to the traditional view.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    I hate the whole coaches mode.

My brother did a Rams franchise on the last Madden and after simming a portion of the offseason found out the team moved to London. Started as the St. Louis Rams and ended as the London Black Knights...

https://vine.co/v/Ml6vwDpYedA

For some laughs :D
    Funny you mention that, the season I simmed just to see what was what...

The Rams moved to Toronto and became the Toronto Thunderbirds.

Browns traded Hoyer.

Steelers traded Troy Polamalu.

Ravens went 11-5 and lost to the Chiefs in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Patriots went on to the SB and lost to the Saints.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreLove View Post
    I bought it for xbox one and it does have a fantasy draft mode. I completed one last night with a couple of buddies.

Like wicked, I've been more of an NCAA guy in the past but since no more I got Madden 15. I think the game is ALOT better than I remember it being for years past. The defense is more intuitive than I remember especially LB's getting deep in their zone drop backs. Qb's also seem to matter more so than in years past, crappy qb's miss some open looks rather than a qb always threading the needle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    I bought it for xbox one and it does have a fantasy draft mode. I completed one last night with a couple of buddies.

Like wicked, I've been more of an NCAA guy in the past but since no more I got Madden 15. I think the game is ALOT better than I remember it being for years past. The defense is more intuitive than I remember especially LB's getting deep in their zone drop backs. Qb's also seem to matter more so than in years past, crappy qb's miss some open looks rather than a qb always threading the needle.
    Arm strength makes a huge difference as well.