Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT - Madden 15

Blog Entries

Re: OT - Madden 15

I am enjoying it so far. I've only played a few games but I feel comfortable saying it's the closest Madden has ever come to matching ESPN NFL 2K5's greatness. It's easily the best Madden game in years, perhaps a decade even. It's amazing to me that it has taken EA 10 years to develop an engine as fluid and realistic as 2K5's, but at least they've finally done it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I guess I never played on Owner mode. I'll check that one out.
    You can have up to 32 characters, one per team, running simultaneously in offline career mode. Characters can be player, coach, or owner. 32 is way too many IMO, but I am currently coaching the Ravens while owning the Jags. You can do all the personnel stuff as coach or as owner. I think it is going to be kind of cheating for the draft, since you're scouting for two teams, but what the hell.

Needless to say at the end of the the season the Jags will be relocating. Not sure what the options will be, but any recommendations from anyone?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    You can have up to 32 characters, one per team, running simultaneously in offline career mode. Characters can be player, coach, or owner. 32 is way too many IMO, but I am currently coaching the Ravens while owning the Jags. You can do all the personnel stuff as coach or as owner. I think it is going to be kind of cheating for the draft, since you're scouting for two teams, but what the hell.

Needless to say at the end of the the season the Jags will be relocating. Not sure what the options will be, but any recommendations from anyone?
    Salt Lake City.

Because...why not?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Salt Lake City. Because...why not?
    Could be fun from a weather perspective. Lots of snow games.

I wonder if they will let me take multiple wives...
    "Chin up, chest out."

Arm strength makes a huge difference as well.
    I heard one of the EA guys mention at E3 (I think it was there) that they made it a point to make sure you can actually tell the difference between using Peyton Manning and Ryan Fitzpatrick. I picked it up yesterday haven't delved into it too much but I did enjoy the introduction. Your were going through what looked like the typical gameplay opening sequence and the *boom* your put into a game-winning 2 minute scenario.

It's not out until tomorrow over here, but I'm liking what I'm hearing, particularly regarding the better D (I'm the Texans in a long running online franchise and therefore don't have a QB to speak of, but am having to keep a spare pair of pants handy due to the thought of playing with Watt and Clowney!!). Also like the fact that you can't just sprint to the edge with rb and outrun everyone- CJ2yards used to kill me whenever I played the Titans!

Got it yesterday. Very impressed with it so far.

Thanks!

I have it. The gameplay is better and you can aim. I have only done drills though, but have been impressed, and you can choose the type of pass, which means hopefully Flacco won't just pass bullett passes through the other teams entire defense. Pass Rush is also more involved.
    Last edited by DarthSizzle55; 08-29-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: wrote offense meant defense

I like it alot. It seems like all pro difficulty is solid. All madden I can't stop anyone on d. Well see how it plays against friends tho

One thing I've missed over the years is some sort of tournament mode. Maybe I'm alone in this... ;) I don't necessarily want an on-line tourney but an off-line 4 or 8 man tourney bracket. And NOT using the NFL teams and rosters... You used to be able to create 8 custom (and equal) teams with default rosters and then set up an 8 team bracket. By doing this you left the game play up to the user, not Cavin Johnson... lol.

I would have a Madden Party on the morning of Superbowl Sunday... I would create 8 custom teams for each friend. And we would play all day and the Final would be after the Superbowl.

Now it's so convoluted with creating teams on the EA website and importing onto the PS System. Nothing ever worked and EA is terrible at supporting that shit.

Blog Entries

I haven't bought Madden since the PS2. Is there still a Franchise mode?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore