Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Lions cut Drayton Florence

Any interest? He might be done, but I would kick the tires on him considering how thin the Ravens are at CB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...yton-florence/

Blog Entries

Re: Lions cut Drayton Florence

Ugh, one of Detroit's worst positions, I'd bite the bullet and pay Asante Samuel first.

Blog Entries

Well, considering Teryll Austin is the DC there...I'm sure John could call him up and inquire about whether or not Florence had anything left in the tank.

Doesn't sound promising if the Lions don't want him. The Lions might be in worse CB shape than us right now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Can someone remind me again why we didn't explore signing Brandon Flowers to a 1-yr / $3 mil contract?

If he couldn't cut it with the Lions, he's done. We tried him out and didn't sign him. I'm sure if we wanted him, we would have signed him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Money227 View Post
    Can someone remind me again why we didn't explore signing Brandon Flowers to a 1-yr / $3 mil contract?
    The Ravens were listed as a potential landing spot. It sounded like that price was more than they wanted to spend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Ravens were listed as a potential landing spot. It sounded like that price was more than they wanted to spend.
    wasnt he pretty adamant about remaining in the AFC west? I think it was a personal decision more than anything about what we offered or he wanted. He wasnt very happy with chiefs releasing him.
    -JAB

While he's only 28 Flowers have never showed he can play press coverage in the NFL. He's not the type of physical corner the Ravens like.

Florence is 33. Getting cut 12 days after being signed by Detroit is pretty telling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    wasnt he pretty adamant about remaining in the AFC west? I think it was a personal decision more than anything about what we offered or he wanted. He wasnt very happy with chiefs releasing him.
    That's what he said after he signed with the Chargers but players are always spinning things when they get less than expected. I bet if there was a team with a better offer he would have taken it.

Florence tried out with us before signing in Detroit. I doubt we'd show interest in signing him now if we didn't before.

Like others have said The Ravens were interested in Flowers but at the end of the day there was no way a guy like Flowers was going to accept being the number 3 cornerback here when he could had been number 1 easily for The Chargers. The guy still is a really good cornerback but just didn't fit into the Chiefs press man coverage scheme.

He signed a one year deal with The Chargers for a reason so he can stay the number one cornerback and prove to the NFl world that he still has it then next season have a good chance to cash in big(maybe) .

12. Re: Lions cut Drayton Florence

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Ugh, one of Detroit's worst positions, I'd bite the bullet and pay Asante Samuel first.
    Samuel is done too, and he's always been strictly a zone corner, so he doesn't fit our scheme anyway.
    Face it, there are no CB options available right now or we would've signed them before the Lions or Jets could grab them first. Maybe after rosters are cut to 53, we can find someone.