Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Status of Owen Daniels

I've seen several beat reporters, both local and national, mention in July that Daniels had no burst. Just slow. No speed.

He has been sitting for about a week now.

Just today Harbaugh said it is for general "leg fatigue," but no specific injury. Last season Daniels broke his leg.

I was really hoping Daniels could contribute this year, especially in the red zone where IMO he has a knack for scoring TDs.

I really hope he isn't "done" (aka Dallas Clark). I'd like to see him in this offense.

Re: Status of Owen Daniels

Sounds bad for him. Fatigue or not, no one should be missing nearly a week of training camp with a game in there as well. If he's fatigued now, how much time is he going to miss during the season? Done may be the right word here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Sounds bad for him. Fatigue or not, no one should be missing nearly a week of training camp with a game in there as well. If he's fatigued now, how much time is he going to miss during the season? Done may be the right word here.
    I know runners and such can get general leg fatigue.

It seems a little weird to me for an NFL TE to be stuck in the mud due to leg fatigue.

So he rests now...and won't get fatigued through 16 games??? Is that the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I know runners and such can get general leg fatigue.

It seems a little weird to me for an NFL TE to be stuck in the mud due to leg fatigue.

So he rests now...and won't get fatigued through 16 games??? Is that the plan?
    That's my biggest issue with this rest. I know TC can be brutal at times, but there should be no need for a guy to miss a week of practice to rest. There's no doubt that if he's missing time now, he'll be missing time in the regular season.

Blog Entries

It wouldnt be the first time we brought a guy along slowly and let him get to 100% later in the season before playing. I have no concerns with Daniels. he knows this offense like the back of his hand and when healthy, is an exceptional TE or that very least a very good one. I dont think this is a Dallas Clark scenario at all.
    -JAB

We knew when we signed him he wasn't the Daniels of old. This shouldn't be any surprise news to anyone.

He's here to compliment Pitta, not compete with him or run with him down for down.

Not worried about this news at all.

There is an unsubstantiated rumor (at least for now) floating around that Daniels is considering retirement.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    There is an unsubstantiated rumor (at least for now) floating around that Daniels is considering retirement.
    Interesting.

I'd love to see him as a sort of consultant if that's the case. He could go a long way teaching Kubes offense.

If that is the case, I wish him the best. If he's struggling with his injury or just feels that he can't compete at the level he expects, I can respect that.

I know when he caught that screen from Tyrod in the first preseason game, he looked really slow...significantly slower than I thought he would be.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

This could be why Juice is seeing so much integration into the offense. I knew he'd be a bigger piece of if even I'm somewhat surprised at how much time involvement he's going to see.

Blog Entries

Interesting......
    so we wait....
    and we look a little closer at Supernaw and Overbay who may have a small glimmer of hope, especially if Crockett can contribute.

Owen has helped Kube's offense installation, and Kubiak is the one who will know if Owen will be useful, since he knows his strengths of old and can see what he has lost, making the best evaluation on how useful he can be.
    Contemplating retirement tells me he is frustrated.... keep us informed Tony, thank you!
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

If his legs are shot, I hope he does retire. You have to be honest with yourself.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!