Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Situation in Ferguson

We've gone over this. Obama is at his best not doing a damned thing. Literally everything he touches turns to utter shit in a matter of days, so it's in out best interest to let him play golf and run his mouth for reporters.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Police all over America have to be wondering what's next. Sad to read about and harder to envision a young man being killed while not resisting. The protesting is straight out wrong with vandalizing the area. The facts of the shooting is typical " he said, she said," with the police having their own account. Crazy to think that this happens every so often in the USA and elsewhere. For the PD to be relieved of control does not bode well for the report the police are giving. Have to wonder how the town responds in the future to any police activities. Probably be distrust in that area for a long time when it comes to the police dept.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    They just added all five seasons to Prime. Finishing up season 3. :)
    SWEET... thanks for the heads up. Havent been coming around these parts much lately but this alone was worth the lurking.

My two cents.. reminds me of Oscar Grant if eye witnesses are correct. Probably a little worse in that Grant was at least in some capacity resisting. Police overuse of power is certainly an issue particularly in high crime areas or in tense situations. They have a tough job, but some do cross that line, some purposely, some in the heat of the moment. Same with Rioters. some decent people can get caught up in the heat of the moment when emotions are running wild. "shoot all rioters" certainly isnt the answer, especially depending on definition of a rioter. its not far off from temporary insanity in a lot of cases. Police in that situation wouldnt be much different either imo.

In this case if eye witnesses are correct than the cop had nothing to fear so even in a hightened sense of fear was still way out of line, not unlike Grants situations.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 08-15-2014 at 08:25 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    SWEET... thanks for the heads up. Havent been coming around these parts much lately but this alone was worth the lurking.

My two cents.. reminds me of Oscar Grant if eye witnesses are correct. Probably a little worse in that Grant was at least in some capacity resisting. Police overuse of power is certainly an issue particularly in high crime areas or in tense situations. They have a tough job, but some do cross that line, some purposely, some in the heat of the moment. Same with Rioters. some decent people can get caught up in the heat of the moment when emotions are running wild. "shoot all rioters" certainly isnt the answer, especially depending on definition of a rioter. its not far off from temporary insanity in a lot of cases. Police in that situation wouldnt be much different either imo.

In this case if eye witnesses are correct than the cop had nothing to fear so even in a hightened sense of fear was still way out of line, not unlike Grants situations.
    That's what I don't get bout this Jab.

Eyewitnesses....but no one whipped out their iPhone and started rolling film? No pictures?

That just seems odd to me.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's what I don't get bout this Jab.

Eyewitnesses....but no one whipped out their iPhone and started rolling film? No pictures?

That just seems odd to me.
    I don't get why you keep beating this drum.

Even in this day and age of cameras "everywhere", the overwhelming majority of crimes and other noteworthy events still escape the lens of a camera. I don't think its odd at all if there's no video of the shooting.

Certainly would be nice to have though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't get why you keep beating this drum.

Even in this day and age of cameras "everywhere", the overwhelming majority of crimes and other noteworthy events still escape the lens of a camera. I don't think its odd at all if there's no video of the shooting.

Certainly would be nice to have though.
    Because if you look on YouTube there are quite literally thousands of vids of police doing things that might be considered walking that line of ok and abusive.

The fact that there were multiple eyewitnesses and no one pulled out a camera?

Makes me think that those supposed eyewitnesses really didn't witness much of anything.

Now, that doesn't mean the cop was in the right either.

Blog Entries

More from our friends in the media not making this about race:

http://news.yahoo.com/ferguson-polic...133444068.html
    FERGUSON, Mo. — After withholding his name for nearly a week, the Ferguson Police Department on Friday publicly identified the white patrol officer who shot and killed an unarmed black teen.
    Did I mention I fucking hate the media?

Blog Entries

Sorry Wicked, I just disagree.

It may be odd in todays technology world but when something happens in an instant, its not always caught on camera. its quite plausible situation that what looked like a mundane arrest would not be captured on film.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Sorry Wicked, I just disagree.

It may be odd in todays technology world but when something happens in an instant, its not always caught on camera. its quite plausible situation that what looked like a mundane arrest would not be captured on film.
    Agreed.

If I am witnessing a police action and shots start getting fired, one of the LAST things that will go through my mind is "Gee, I need to whip out my phone so I can record this".

Certainly, more events are being recorded then ever before. However, I don't think you can anecdotally look at YouTube and extrapolate that most police departments record their officers or that most folks have a camera at the ready.

Blog Entries

Agreed, but sadly it does jive with todays society, theres plenty of pictures and videos directly after which to me means, people didnt have their phones out and ready waiting for this incident to happen, they reacted afterwards and not fast enough to capture it. sounds like there was only a few people around to witness this so its not like some of the videos you do see of arrests happening or what not where it slowly built up to an arrest or cameras were already out to capture other events and just happened to capture the incident. lack of video is unfortunate but i dont think theres a conspiracy or changes eye witness accounts from being true.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

"Anecdotally extrapolating..."

"...conspiracy..."

Can't I just find something - an observation that I made - odd? Is that ok?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

"Anecdotally extrapolating..."

"...conspiracy..."

Can't I just find something - an observation that I made - odd? Is that ok?
    yes. yes you can.

wasnt trying to put words in your mouth, just a generalization.
    -JAB