Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Situation in Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    And disrespectful if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Agreed.
    I really hate the term African American.
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Me too.
    I also hate the term black people. You may have notice in my posts I always say Black Americans.

You may enjoy this Def Jam Poetry by Smokey Robinson.

:word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I am sorry, I cannot take this post seriously because you've quoted Metapedia. Metapedia is a extreme right-wing/Neo-Nazi site that tries to revise history through an Aryan lens. Metapedia describes slavery in American as "liberal media often talk of a period of slavery in the United States, however this is a gross distortion of the truth. This distortion is to suppress the confederate political voice by labeling them as Racist."
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...n-s-death.html

Very good article. I liked his example using Steve Lohner.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not even from the police cruisers, but apparent witnesses themselves didn't pull their cameras out and take pictures or vids? I find that hard to believe, or rather strange. I've seen several different YouTube videos of police brutality and damn if there aren't a dozen people with their phones out taking pictures and videos. Why is this situation different?

Makes me think that the situation isn't really as some are trying to present it or there weren't really any actual witnesses.

So, again, we're left with not really knowing. That sucks.
    You would think someone would have pulled out a cell phone. Sucks it wasn't captured on video.

First, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the epitome of fueling racism. As long as I can remember, with them, it has always been about race. I get that there are some serious societal issues with the police and the black community in that area of the country (and they definitely need to be addressed ASAP), but where was Sharpton and Jackson when Chris Lane was shot by three black guys last August in Oklahoma? Where were they when Roderick Scott shot and killed Christopher Cervini in New York (practically the same scenario as Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman)?

And this is predominately because of the media, but where are the major headlines gained by the President, Eric Holder, Sharpton, and the rest about the mass shootings in Chicago, Detroit, and other black-on-black crime?

http://www.vpc.org/studies/blackhomicide11.pdf

Those things don't fit their agenda it seems.

I hate that I feel that way, but it is kind of hard to not feel that way.
    I agree with you. Every criticism you made of Sharpton and Jackson are valid. I just think some people see Sharpton and Jackson's involvement and immediately think "blacks are making it about race again." Almost trivializing the whole thing. For example; Republicans have a valid political issue...but then Sarah Palin weighs in saying something stupid...my reaction wouldn't be, "because of Palin's involvement, the Republicans concern is meaningless."

Just one example, but this example pertains to gun-control advocacy for police:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...11.html?hp=l11
    Gun control for citizens and gun control for the armament of police are different IMO. Personally, I don't think the police should be outfitted like a military organization. That's what the National Guard is for.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I agree with you. Every criticism you made of Sharpton and Jackson are valid. I just think some people see Sharpton and Jackson's involvement and immediately think "blacks are making it about race again." Almost trivializing the whole thing. For example; Republicans have a valid political issue...but then Sarah Palin weighs in saying something stupid...my reaction wouldn't be, "because of Palin's involvement, the Republicans concern is meaningless."
    Well, I won't speak for others, but I personally would imagine that many Black Americans are also getting fed up with guys like Jackson and Sharpton because they're mostly about themselves and getting in front of a camera. It is hard to take them (not blacks) seriously. If they were true advocates for this type of thing then they'd be rallying constantly in Chicago, in Detroit, in LA, and any other part of the country where black-on-black crime is out of control.

What gets me is that some (not all) think that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have their best interests at heart. They don't. True Black American Leaders (Bill Cosby, for example) are ridiculed; yet their message is what makes sense. I don't get it.

We truly are FUBAR'ed as a society. Not just the Black community either, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade
    Gun control for citizens and gun control for the armament of police are different IMO. Personally, I don't think the police should be outfitted like a military organization. That's what the National Guard is for.
    I don't think that troopers or beat cops should be strolling around in camo, riot gear, or AR's and shit. However, if you're part of the SWAT team or some special unit within the police department, I don't disagree with those officers having access to them when the situation calls for it.

You would think someone would have pulled out a cell phone. Sucks it wasn't captured on video.

Truth.

Especially your last paragraph. Some of the photos I've seen of the Ferguson PD, and their gear, is insane.

Domestic LE has no need for that hardware. This is yet another by-product of the so-called war on drugs.

To paraphrase Bunny Colvin from The Wire, if you treat it like a war both sides will make it a war.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Truth.

Especially your last paragraph. Some of the photos I've seen of the Ferguson PD, and their gear, is insane.

Domestic LE has no need for that hardware. This is yet another by-product of the so-called war on drugs.

To paraphrase Bunny Colvin from The Wire, if you treat it like a war both sides will make it a war.

Man HR...we've had quite a few Wire cross-sections on this board the past few days.

I'm taking this as a sign. Do they have The Wire seasons on BluRay?

They just added all five seasons to Prime. Finishing up season 3. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    They just added all five seasons to Prime. Finishing up season 3. :)

I want them on bluray though.

I am sorry, I cannot take this post seriously because you've quoted Metapedia. Metapedia is a extreme right-wing/Neo-Nazi site that tries to revise history through an Aryan lens. Metapedia describes slavery in American as "liberal media often talk of a period of slavery in the United States, however this is a gross distortion of the truth. This distortion is to suppress the confederate political voice by labeling them as Racist."
    I used that because it was the simplest list I could find. The data itself was put together by a black woman. If you want more spread out data, here http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...decoverviewpdf
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Elsewhere, OBY THE PREZ was forced to leave the golf course to address a burning nation. That's not the first time either. He was playing golf when they set up Binny Laden for the kill and said do you want to see this guy get whacked now by Seal Team 6 or play golf.

He was wearing his golf shirt in the situation room when he saw it.

Lightening does strike twice in the same place with this dude - on the course.

Before the golf outing he was partying at Vernon Jordan's place with the Clinton's while
    Molitov's were being thrown in Ferguson. From what we heard, all were having a good time -
    at the party, not at Ferguson.

Elsewhere, he says no more rescues and air drops in Iraq while more Christian children will
    have their heads cut off.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-.../14/id/588893/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-15-2014 at 04:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Meanwhile, back in Ferguson the police chief says he's been shot at. No shit, man.
    Not one single protester has been injured. That reminds me of the 60s when my pals
    in the National Guard marched down North Ave with most of it burning and they had
    blanks in their rifles. The protesters would have massacred them had they known. They
    were scared as hell. They were just a show of force w/o the force, same as the cops
    in Ferguson.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../3193101/posts