Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 192021

Re: Situation in Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    My point is I don't think you've seriously considered what would happen if these "Oath Keepers" came to Baltimore. I dare a bunch of armed white dudes to show up on Pennsylvania Ave. and start acting like they own the place. I'd get my popcorn ready. Anyone who thinks that would end well is deluding themselves.
    Good Lord!!
    I couldn't even begin to imagine what the city of Baltimore would look like if this was allowed to happen.
    It would be far worse then what took place in the Spring.
    Get your popcxorn indeed!! SMH
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Perhaps if a bunch of outsiders came to Baltimore and tried to hold the piece would lead to more bad than good.

But if Baltimore would allow its citizens to actually engage in the basic human right as self defense, whatever damage that may come would be minimized.

I know my friend in Fells Point and Canton are preparing to defend their homes and it's a good bet they won't be the ones who get looted or have their homes destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Perhaps if a bunch of outsiders came to Baltimore and tried to hold the piece would lead to more bad than good.

But if Baltimore would allow its citizens to actually engage in the basic human right as self defense, whatever damage that may come would be minimized.

I know my friend in Fells Point and Canton are preparing to defend their homes and it's a good bet they won't be the ones who get looted or have their homes destroyed.
    Are things really that bad in Baltimore right now? Are people's homes being threaten?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Are things really that bad in Baltimore right now? Are people's homes being threaten?
    It's in preparation for the Gray trial / verdict in October. There's no threat right now.

Fells Point has seen an uptick in street crime but that's about it. The murders are mostly taking place west of MLK.

Blog Entries

TBH I think it's much ado about nothing. I really believe that Hogan will be prepared for anything that might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    TBH I think it's much ado about nothing. I really believe that Hogan will be prepared for anything that might happen.
    Hope so, Baltimore doesn't need anymore bad publicity then it already has.'

As far as Oath Keepers, really don't need them. but if store owners are smart, they have security on notice if they need them. Bet the thugs think twice when they break a window or break a door down to rob a business. At this point, screw what the protesters and rioters think about it, they caused the last situation, let them deal with it. Ferguson had hardly any looting in this last riot, amazing how an armed person can make that happen.

Can't tell me any members of RSR with a weapons would not make a effort to protect themselves, family, and their business, SMH.

Terpsfan, hope the city officials aren't thinking like you, much ado about nothing, SMH. That's how the last protest turned into a riot, but they didn't have the smarts to ask for help, LMAO. People running Baltimore have already shown what they really care about, a drug dealer who paid with his life by not doing what other honest, hard working people do. Get a job and avoid breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Hope so. My sister was blocks from the senior home fire.

Blog Entries

oath keepers sounds like a horrible idea. armed civilians acting as security doesnt seem like the type of action required here.

businesses want to hire security, arm themselves for their own protections, by all means, but just having a group come in and blanket cover the area seems troublesome.

Id sooner see the community stand up and come together without the threat of violence. Anybody remember the peaceful protests, led by pastors and community leaders that stood up to the rioters? thats how things like this actually stop, imo. they were more successful at stopping the riot/looters than anybody else.

cant let the few speak for the many.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    oath keepers sounds like a horrible idea. armed civilians acting as security doesnt seem like the type of action required here.

businesses want to hire security, arm themselves for their own protections, by all means, but just having a group come in and blanket cover the area seems troublesome.

Id sooner see the community stand up and come together without the threat of violence. Anybody remember the peaceful protests, led by pastors and community leaders that stood up to the rioters? thats how things like this actually stop, imo. they were more successful at stopping the riot/looters than anybody else.

That's the prob Jab.

Most of the community doesn't want to or is afraid to come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's the prob Jab.

Most of the community doesn't want to or is afraid to come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And far more willing to rely on the government to protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

Oath keepers are no worse then people who carry weapons to protect themselves. You hear it from gun owners, "I'm Packing, not afraid of anyone". Difference is the Oath Keepers aren't afraid to announce they are packing. Which is worse for the rioters, someone you know is packing or the unknown.

Really don't want to see anyone packing and cause more trouble, but if that's a right you have, use it. Protecting yourself and your business from rioters is a given. Those rioters don't care, that's the problem. Destroy or beat up and unarmed person or business, without getting backlash is typical of people who have no respect for others and their property.

All over a known drug dealer, tell me there are better things to protest about.

Those religious guys were phony from the get go. Their gathering was too late and had little meaning to the thugs. It was a way to show they care, but was after the fact. Hell, it was some religious leaders who endorse the protests.
    Cummings had to do something, as a political leader, for him to not get involved would be embarrassing for him. SRB dropped the ball and the thugs took off rioting with it.