OT: 3 American Heroes in France

I know this topic is totally off base here, but how about Mega-Kudos going out to those 3 American Heroes and Brit who heroically attacked and subdued that would be terrorist in a train heading towards Paris! I can't help but think this is the American Spirit and Courage at its best ... sacrificing one's own life for those of others. The members in our Armed Forces, both past and present, do it everyday, and now this happens - it makes you proud to be an American!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Re: OT: 3 American Heroes in France

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I know this topic is totally off base here, but how about Mega-Kudos going out to those 3 American Heroes and Brit who heroically attacked and subdued that would be terrorist in a train heading towards Paris! I can't help but think this is the American Spirit and Courage at its best ... sacrificing one's own life for those of others. The members in our Armed Forces, both past and present, do it everyday, and now this happens - it makes you proud to be an American!!!
    Not off-base for some quick kudos at any time of the year (especially after last night's debacle!). Those guys rock.

Unfortunately, it seems that all the glory these days goes to criminal losers who earn their "martyrdom" by attacking police officers.

Right place, right time, they did what needed to be done. Terrorist was armed, shooting, and they still take him on. Great story and a win against terrorism.

But the bad guys still want to get revenge, they still want to case terror. This problem has no ending in the immediate future or possibly ever.