Question re "NFL Rewind"

Is anyone familiar with this service? Before investing many hours trying to start up an account, passwords, all the other P.O.A. steps required to start something new, I would appreciate hearing from someone who already uses the service. (Last year, the Ravens offered something that required Verizon cell phone service, but failed to mention that in their literature, costing me an hour or more chasing my tail with T-Mobil). Here's what came in via email today:

Last year we sent you information regarding the The Membership Club, which provides PSL Owners with access to exclusive benefits and offers from the National Football League and its partners.

We hope that you have had the opportunity to enjoy some of the benefits it offered. Once again we would like to offer you the opportunity to sign up for NFL Rewind.

Can't get enough of your favorite NFL team? Watch all Baltimore Ravens home and away games, and every NFL game, online and on-demand for FREE via NFL Rewind!
    Most important question: is this service via TV set, PC, or cell phone, or some combination? Is the service reliable -- is there buffering? And is the service transferable, e.g. when we go on a road trip?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Question re "NFL Rewind"

I have NFL Rewind. I've had it for about three seasons.

It is an online stream. With a wireless-to-TV setup, or a DVI cable, you're good to go on your TV. I keep thinking, one day, they'll make it a channel on streaming devices, like Roku. Honestly, I found the stream pretty good, and I also like how the playback timeline is populated with the gamelog, so you can quickly navigate to specific plays. It was my understanding that the mobile service was a separate subscription, but that may have changed (I get emails, I only half read them). You can watch games going back the last four (I'm pretty sure it's four) seasons.

I think the games do not come out on Rewind until the Wednesday after being played.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    With a wireless-to-TV setup, or a DVI cable, you're good to go on your TV.

Great!. Thanks for the input. I'll refer that sentence above to my techie kids to set it up for me. Then I can finally get rid of the NFL Network for its sporadic replays of Ravens games.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

T,

I received the email - PSL holders get it for free. When signing up, get the "most expensive" option - you'll still get it for free.

When I completed the sign-up, I download the app on both my laptop and iPad.

Free is worth it!
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

NFLN can just take my money on this service. I love it.
    They add minor features each off-season and have really made it an excellent service.
    I'll always have it.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    NFLN can just take my money on this service. I love it.
    They add minor features each off-season and have really made it an excellent service.
    I'll always have it.
    same here. Those 30 for 30 shows are awesome and Football Life documentaries too. Not to mention the games, analysis and redzone. I'll pay without complaint

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Is anyone familiar with this service? Before investing many hours trying to start up an account, passwords, all the other P.O.A. steps required to start something new, I would appreciate hearing from someone who already uses the service. (Last year, the Ravens offered something that required Verizon cell phone service, but failed to mention that in their literature, costing me an hour or more chasing my tail with T-Mobil). Here's what came in via email today:

Most important question: is this service via TV set, PC, or cell phone, or some combination? Is the service reliable -- is there buffering? And is the service transferable, e.g. when we go on a road trip?
    This is the best service I am aware of for any sport. Advantages:
    --plays indexed by quarter and time. Go right to the play you want.
    --Matches the Gamebook to further ease references
    --replay games as soon as midnight, but service turns off during prime time games
    --Top view available Tuesday allows great views of route depth and secondary
    --All-22 view also available Tuesday, is view from end zone where all numbers typically visible and you can see what happens to teh QB after the ball is released.
    --All games back to beginning of 2009 are available to review.

In short, it's a truly awesome service and the (Q, T) references I put in my pieces are intended for folks who want to see for themselves on NFLR.

All 22 service is really awesome , can flip to it from the broadcast
    The 30 minute version games also are great when you don't have as much time
    You need to play around to get the service to play right on the TV, but have now figured out that the PC connects fine to the TV through HDMI , but Apple TV occasionally doesn't play to TV.
    A critical service , when you aren't around to see all the games.