Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Os in first

Blog Entries

Os in first

Man, how long has it been since O's were in first place and by 2 games.

The glory years are back.

At least for now. :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/standings/

Re: Os in first

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Man, how long has it been since O's were in first place and by 2 games.

The glory years are back.

At least for now. :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/standings/
    They've been playing good ball lately, even without strong run production from Machado and Hardy (yesterday notwithstanding), and with Davis mired in a season-long slump. This bodes well for the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post
    They've been playing good ball lately, even without strong run production from Machado and Hardy (yesterday notwithstanding), and with Davis mired in a season-long slump. This bodes well for the second half.
    I must have bass ackwards ESP; the day I post this Machado has 5 hits including a HR, and Davis and Hardy hit back-to-back dingers. Wow.

Blog Entries

I watched the game on MASN last night and the DC announcers were on and their analyst said that the O's are the best hitting offense in the league right now. He also praised the 3rd basemen as having the strongest arm in the league making throws to first from the out field grass.

Good D and O lately.

Does anyone know who their announcers are?

Is that JOhnny Holliday? Looks like him.

Blog Entries

Yea, I just looked it up. That is Johnny Holliday of the Terps and DC.

Ray Knight is the analyst best known for replacing Pete Rose in Cinci and winning
    the 6th game of the World Series for the Mets in 86.

But our guys Thorne and Palmer were voted 3d best beehind Jon Miller and Vin Scully. Not bad.

I guess Holliday still does the Terps games. His daughter is our family doctor in Bel Air - Smalldore Family Practice. Both her and her husband waited on me. I asked if her father was going to retire and she said not anytime soon. Her kids were ball boys during the Terps national championship season and their office has pics of the kids with Juan Dixon and each star down their hallway in the office.

Holliday is close to Gary Williams of course, and I asked if he knew Gary was going to retire and she said nope. Nobody knew.

I do not know about the glory days being back, but man it sure is fun being a relevant town again in baseball. The O's have such a long history and tradition but most under 30 only know the losing team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Z View Post
    I do not know about the glory days being back, but man it sure is fun being a relevant town again in baseball. The O's have such a long history and tradition but most under 30 only know the losing team.
    That's sad isn't it? The good news though, is as you said, the team is relevant and competitive again; it's fun and exciting and those who only knew a bad franchise are being drawn back to the park..

Ha, yup. I'll be 30 in October and I do remember the good old mid 90s but after that it got bad. So thankful for the Buck regime!

Blog Entries

I was being sarcastic-lol. But yea, it sure is fun.

I just feel like a damn band wagon jumper after Petey destroyed baseball for me but i'm watching again.

Blog Entries

Go Orioles!!!!
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

They showed Petey on TV tonight standing in his sky box. He was all dressed up but I would have never known it was him. Looks like he lost 100 lbs.

Is he sick or something? He looked sickly. Of course he's around 88 or so but he just didn't look like the old Petey.

The first time I ever saw him was back in 88. He hadn't even bought the team yet. My dad was a client from Beth Steel and he had a ton of asbestos in him. He got a nice settlement too. Anyway, I never saw Petey before but was sitting in the lobby with my parents and he came down the halway in front of a group with 6 guys all walking behind him.

There was no doubt that was Angelos. He looked like he owned the place. He was nice to us. That was his old office on Harford Rd. In 93 he bought the O's and the
    huge sky scrapper on the water and moved his office to the top floor.

He graduated from U of Baltimore, same as William Donald Schaeffer, VP Spiro T. Agnew, half the judges and lawyers in Baltimore and O'Malley's wife.

Blog Entries

I'm not the biggest fan of Showalter, but the O's are playing really well right now. That's for sure.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.