Thread: Os in first

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Os in first

Man, how long has it been since O's were in first place and by 2 games.

The glory years are back.

At least for now. :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/standings/

Re: Os in first

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Man, how long has it been since O's were in first place and by 2 games.

The glory years are back.

At least for now. :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/standings/
    They've been playing good ball lately, even without strong run production from Machado and Hardy (yesterday notwithstanding), and with Davis mired in a season-long slump. This bodes well for the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post
    They've been playing good ball lately, even without strong run production from Machado and Hardy (yesterday notwithstanding), and with Davis mired in a season-long slump. This bodes well for the second half.
    I must have bass ackwards ESP; the day I post this Machado has 5 hits including a HR, and Davis and Hardy hit back-to-back dingers. Wow.

Blog Entries

I watched the game on MASN last night and the DC announcers were on and their analyst said that the O's are the best hitting offense in the league right now. He also praised the 3rd basemen as having the strongest arm in the league making throws to first from the out field grass.

Good D and O lately.

Does anyone know who their announcers are?

Is that JOhnny Holliday? Looks like him.

Blog Entries

Yea, I just looked it up. That is Johnny Holliday of the Terps and DC.

Ray Knight is the analyst best known for replacing Pete Rose in Cinci and winning
    the 6th game of the World Series for the Mets in 86.

But our guys Thorne and Palmer were voted 3d best beehind Jon Miller and Vin Scully. Not bad.

I guess Holliday still does the Terps games. His daughter is our family doctor in Bel Air - Smalldore Family Practice. Both her and her husband waited on me. I asked if her father was going to retire and she said not anytime soon. Her kids were ball boys during the Terps national championship season and their office has pics of the kids with Juan Dixon and each star down their hallway in the office.

Holliday is close to Gary Williams of course, and I asked if he knew Gary was going to retire and she said nope. Nobody knew.

I do not know about the glory days being back, but man it sure is fun being a relevant town again in baseball. The O's have such a long history and tradition but most under 30 only know the losing team.

I'm loving this!

With a 5-3 win over the Yankees on 8/13, the O's accomplishments continue:

(1) Record in last 18 series played: 15-2-1 (counting the four games with Wash. as one series).
    (2) Won 8th series in a row (ALL against teams with winning records).
    (3) Played 10th series in a row against teams with winning records (counting makeup game in DC as a series win (3-1)); won 9 of 10 series.
    (4) Season record thus far against Yankees: 8-3 (18-19 last two seasons).
    (5) Since June 9, team ERA has fallen 62 points (4.28 to 3.66).
    (6) Question: Since June 9, how many times have O's lost back-to-back games?
    Answer: Twice (in 58 games).

I'm really worried about Jimenez pitching every 5th day. Maybe his ankle is acting up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    I'm really worried about Jimenez pitching every 5th day. Maybe his ankle is acting up again.
    What a complete waste of money. Can't believe we have 3 and a half more years of that crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Well, Os ran into a brick wall in Cleveland. They always were a nemesis. We're still in first and by 7.5 games over the hated Yanks.

Yankees SUCK.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/standings/