Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ravens sign CB's Ross & Franks

RAVENS SIGNINGS: CB Aaron Ross reunites with his first NFL Coach Steve Spagnuolo. Team also adds CB Dominique Franks.

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Ravens sign CB's Ross & Franks

Great news I wanted Ross all along.

Blog Entries

Excellent. I mentioned Franks back in March. I'm glad we got him and I've always been a fan of Aaron Ross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Now need to hear contract details, specifically if there was any guaranteed monies so I can get an idea if they are expected to be on the roster or if they are part of competition for a spot and only guaranteed a shot
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Good Stuff

Should the Asa/Chykie experiment not work out, Ross and Franks are decent options. At the very least if one of the CB's gets nicked up we have experienced depth.

Blog Entries

Good news. We needed a nickle corner badly.

Blog Entries

Decent signing. I like it.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Now need to hear contract details, specifically if there was any guaranteed monies so I can get an idea if they are expected to be on the roster or if they are part of competition for a spot and only guaranteed a shot
    I'd guess minimum salary benefit for both (counting only $570K against Cap). Guys who only get signed after tryouts, usually don't get more.

No bonus for Franks.

As they did with Stokely and Dallas Clark last year, I could see Ross getting a Roster bonus of $65K, payable only if he makes the 53.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

It's nice to see that they found some CBs they liked enough to sign from this tryout.

Blog Entries

I'm not all that sold on Franks, can always hope the FO has unearthed another Corey Graham but I don't think so.
    Franks is more of a thumper, so nickel corner seems like what the FO is going to be looking at (maybe back-up SS) but I will want to see what happens when the nickel corner gets taken downfield (I still have shudders from Frank Walker and have a real concern that FrankS will also get exposed in space. It won't take the league long to set something up to test it, and if we have a nickel CB who can't adequately cover a stop and go ... yeeechhh)

He did some punt returns (actually 18 fair catches out of 22) but I don't have any hope there either, we will see.... I hope my fears are wrong
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I still have shudders from Frank Walker and have a real concern that FrankS will also get exposed in space. It won't take the league long to set something up to test it, and if we have a nickel CB who can't adequately cover a stop and go ... yeeechhh
    Well, thanks. Here I was feeling pretty good about the CB signings and then you had to dredge up THAT name....

Blog Entries

It was prudent for the Ravens to sign at least one veteran CB. I like the signings, and hope one or both make the 53. Some have criticized Franks, but are our alternatives (Chykie and Asa) any better? ... Bc