Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Around The League: News From Other Teams

In Kansas City - Justin Houston skipping minicamp. Sources say he is holding out for a new deal.

San Fran - both Vernon Davis and OG Alex Boone are holding out for a new contract. Cornerback Eric Wright decides to retire.

Cleveland - waives WR Earl Bennett ( :insane: ) I forgot they were loaded with WR talent... /sarcasm

Houston - Bill O'Brien names Ryan Fitzpatrick as current starter. Sign OT Will Yeatman.

Dallas - QB Kyle Orton is a no-show for minicamp.

Seattle - signs DT Kevin Williams.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Around The League: Minicamp News From Other Teams

Jason Hatcher's going to miss minicamp in Washington. Knee problems are the source.

Blog Entries

Bc's sister-in-law arrives early to MAXIcamp. Still at all-you-can-eat buffet. Expected on the field when food runs out. Hasn't weighed in yet, awaiting industrial scale... Bc

Blog Entries

Why doesn't Kyle Orton just file his retirement papers? At this point it's pretty clear that he doesn't want to play. Time to make it official.

I would love to add Earl Bennett. He has the surest hands in the league (look it up on PFF, lowest drop rate). Would be great insurance if one of our possession guys goes down or doesn't produce.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I would love to add Earl Bennett. He has the surest hands in the league (look it up on PFF, lowest drop rate). Would be great insurance if one of our possession guys goes down or doesn't produce.
    Don't you think it's a bad sign that Bennett couldn't even make it to camp with the Browns? They are desperate for receivers and dumped him very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Why doesn't Kyle Orton just file his retirement papers? At this point it's pretty clear that he doesn't want to play. Time to make it official.
    IIRC he would have to forfeit bonus money to Dallas if he retired, whereas if he were released he gets to keep it. The cap hit wouldn't change either way, so one would think Jerrah would just do the guy a solid and cut him loose, but the Dallas Cowboys and "doing the right thing" don't usually go together, I guess.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    IIRC he would have to forfeit bonus money to Dallas if he retired, whereas if he were released he gets to keep it. The cap hit wouldn't change either way, so one would think Jerrah would just do the guy a solid and cut him loose, but the Dallas Cowboys and "doing the right thing" don't usually go together, I guess.
    If he doesn't show up for camp the Cowboys will just fine him the maximum, $30,000 a day, which is going to blow through that bonus money anyway. The owners made sure they were protected from this exact scenario in the last CBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Jason Hatcher's going to miss minicamp in Washington. Knee problems are the source.
    DT Jason Hatcher signed a four year, $27.5 million contract with the Washington Redskins on March 14, 2014.
    Hatcher received a $9 million signing bonus. His 2014 base salary is also fully guaranteed.

via overthecap.com
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Don't have a single source or link, but from what I've been reading OAK's LB corps could become one of the best in the league.

Nick Roach - Mike
    Khalil Mack - Sam
    Sio Moore - Will
    Kevin Burnett - Nickel
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Donte Moncrief is worth watching in August.

In the spring/summer of 2013, he had a kid.
    Also, his dad has been suffering from a pretty severe illness (the specifics escape me), so he was going home a lot to be with him and his mom.
    Could explain the dip in his final year production.

I'm mildly obsessed with Moncrief b/c a young stud like him could be Luck's security blanket (and therefore, most likely, one of the NFL's best) for the next 10-12 years.

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Houston - Bill O'Brien names Ryan Fitzpatrick as current starter. Sign OT Will Yeatman.
    Johnson was a no-show for mando camp yesterday.

@BigPlayReceiver