Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

OT Bills Move- Realignment?

Saw this:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-ownership/

That said, could there be division realignment in the future?

This is the offseason, so for spits and giggles, if the Bills go to LA, how would you realign the divisions? Would you?

I would think the LA Bills would join the AFCW and KC may move to the AFCS. Would the NFL send an AFCN team (Baltimore, Pitt) to the AFCE? Or simply move Tenn. to the AFC E?

How would you realign it?

Re: OT Bills Move- Realignment?

The NFL never really realigns divisions unless there is a change up in the number of divisions, like in 2002. They just maintain the same mis-aligned divisions for years. Remember years ago when the NFC "East" was the Re*****s, Cowboys, Cardinals, Eagles, and Giants? They eventually kept the Cowboys and Re*****s together, but that was because it was a long established rivalry.

Whenever you saw out of place divisions in the six division format, it was because of relocations. If the Bills moved to LA, you would just see the AFC East out of place for years until they shook things up again.

Although, geographically, it might be nice if they did some horsetrading, and got us into the AFC East, and got that team out west, just for geographic convenience. Us in the AFC North never made sense.

I don't see too many major changes in conference because market shares and TV could be messed up by putting say DC and Baltimore in the same division...
    But a few changes could occur in divisions if the Bills go to LA. IMO, that conference is too spread out. No way the NFL would make NE go to both Miami AND LA on a regular basis.

http://www.sportmapworld.com/map/ame...tball/usa/nfl/

There's no way we'd get moved away from the same division as the Steelers.

It's one of the best rivalries in the game right now. Ratings for our Thanksgiving game were great for the league and NBC.

The Ohio teams might get moved but not us or the Steelers.

Blog Entries

The Baltimore Colts were in a division with San Fran for a pretty long time. I am pretty sure the LA Rams were in that division for a time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

It's one of the best rivalries in the game right now. Ratings for our Thanksgiving game were great for the league and NBC.

This

Blog Entries

Supposed the LA Bills* moved to the AFCW, bouncing the easternmost team (KC). One logical landing place for the Chefs is the AFCN. The obvious team to fill out the AFCE is the easternmost team, i.e., our guys--& frankly, who's to say that home&home vs the Belicheats & the Jests wouldn't draw just as well ratings-wise? Helzbelz, Crows vs Pats is already about 90% a grudge match...

The alternative would be to move the Clowns--but it would really piss off the Modell-haters (of which there are many economic refugees in the national media) to remove the Former Browns from the mix just when (they think) they've gotten good enough to issue major payback.

Another possibility: KC bumps Indy from the AFCS into the North, which sends Believeland into the East. Actually I kinda like that. Howdja like home&home with the Irsays every year?

* It is a time-honored tradition that no team moved to LA ever changes its nickname, no matter how inappropriate: Dodgers, Rams, Lakers , Clippers. (Kings & Angels were expansion teams so they don't count.) At most they'd change the helmet logo to a stack of Franklins...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Baltimore, Philly, DC, and Pittsburgh would be an insane division.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

they are talking about 5 or 6 years down the road, as the Bills aren't allowed to leave until then. I am willing to bet that LA will get a team in 2 years maybe 3 years tops.

However, If the NFL has a successful team in London in the next few years they may want to put 2 teams in London. Would it be possible for the Bills to move to London? Also, would they still stay in the AFC East?

Blog Entries

Cleveland should hope for such a shift.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Just put an expansion team in LA in the NFC and then put an AFC team in Oklahoma City or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Baltimore, Philly, DC, and Pittsburgh would be an insane division.
    If you were keeping AFC/NFC:

N: Baltimore, Cleve, Pitt, Indy
    E: NYJ, NE, Cincy, TN
    S: Jax, Hou, KC, Mia
    W: LA Bills, Den, Oak, SD

???