Page 1 of 27 123 ... LastLast

RAY RICE UPDATE: May 29 Court Date Postponed

Court approves Ray Rice for pretrial intervention program. The court date of May 29 is postponed. NFL now must decide on suspension. Story HERE (Photo credit: The Press of Atlantic City/Michael Ein)

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Re: RAY RICE UPDATE: May 29 Court Date Postponed

I am beginning to think he won't get a suspension at all. But they may want to consider at least 1 game if he wears that damn tie again

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

He should get suspended, I think a year. Punching a woman is NEVER acceptable.

Except legally he will never have to admit he punched anyone. No trial, no reason for the tape to come out. No tape, no proof he punched her.

Still betting 4 games reduced to 2.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Except legally he will never have to admit he punched anyone. No trial, no reason for the tape to come out. No tape, no proof he punched her.

Still betting 4 games reduced to 2.

He doesn't have to admit anything. The police are on record having viewed the tape containing the punch.

Ben didn't admit anything and got 6 games, reduced to 4. My gut tells me Rice gets the same.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He doesn't have to admit anything. The police are on record having viewed the tape containing the punch.

Ben didn't admit anything and got 6 games, reduced to 4. My gut tells me Rice gets the same.
    For allegedly raping a coed and having his state trooper buddies help him cover it up. Ray is alleged to have punched his fiance who then married him.

Ben's case wasn't his first brush with the law either. Ray's got a sterling reputation off the field and frankly, is accused of a much less heinous crime.

My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I don't care what previous offenders have gotten, I think Rice should get a year if he punched her, tape or no damn tape.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    For allegedly raping a coed and having his state trooper buddies help him cover it up. Ray is alleged to have punched his fiance who then married him.

Ben's case wasn't his first brush with the law either. Ray's got a sterling reputation off the field and frankly, is accused of a much less heinous crime.

I'd hardly call getting cited for not having a motorcycle license a "brush with the law" and since you're relying on technicalities, Ben has never been charged with the sexual stuff in GA.

Ray has been charged with a crime. But now we are splitting hairs.

Both are sensational issues and that's how the league will look at it IMO. The league is worried about image first and not so much worried about the equality of various player punishments.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You know what's funny. This is the stance most guys take. A few women I've talked to say, and I quote "Well, stupid idiot shouldn't spit on somebody then".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    What if she's coming at you with a chainsaw in one hand and a samurai sword in another?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

My gut tells me the same thing. Goodell will give him something, but given the general trend in NFL suspensions, and Rice's past reputation in the community, plus first offense, leads me to this conclusion.

Blog Entries

I'd hardly call getting cited for not having a motorcycle license a "brush with the law" and since you're relying on technicalities, Ben has never been charged with the sexual stuff in GA.

Ray has been charged with a crime. But now we are splitting hairs.

Both are sensational issues and that's how the league will look at it IMO. The league is worried about image first and not so much worried about the equality of various player punishments.
    I think he is referring to the Nevada/Utah incident where Rowthlisberger was also accused of raping a girl. She ended up filing a civil lawsuit against him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.